Wish X/Y for volume block

bduersch

This request seems simple enough... would like to have X/Y switching for the volume block. I'm using the FS-8 in front of an amp (no 4CM) and am using a volume block to get the volume control in between comp / OD and time-based (delay / reverb) effects. But, since I'm already burning a block for this, it would be nice if I could at least set a second set of parameters (with a boost) and swap between them with X/Y.

--B

Great idea I want to use 2 different volume functions:

1. 0-100% Volume (regular use)
2. 80-100% Volume (for boost)

It would be nice to have it in the same preset.

there are at least ways to use scenes to control volume:

1. on the gate/output page you can set the output levels for pre-out and post-out per scene
2. if you want to use a volume/pan block, you can assign scene controller 1 or scene controller 2 to adjust the volume per scene

Understood. I made some test with the scene controllers yesterday, it's a great tool but what I need it's a little different.

I want to control the volume with my expression pedal not with the scene controller, by example in the scene 1 set the minimum volume to 80% so the volume range will be 80% to 100% (for boost parts), and in the scene 2, I want to set the volume minimum to 0% and the range go from 0% to 100% (the usual volume pedal function)

This can be done having the X/Y functionality in the Volume block.

Understood. I made some test with the scene controllers yesterday, it's a great tool but what I need it's a little different.

I want to control the volume with my expression pedal not with the scene controller, by example in the scene 1 set the minimum volume to 80% so the volume range will be 80% to 100% (for boost parts), and in the scene 2, I want to set the volume minimum to 0% and the range go from 0% to 100% (the usual volume pedal function)

This can be done having the X/Y functionality in the Volume block.
Ah, sorry I didn't understand the first time. I'm not sure having x/y will solve your problem, as blocks share modifiers/controllers across x & y (so you would have the same minimum volume in both x and y)

With the last FW release you can do it with controller switch. Even better than XY, cause you can use it with momentary mode too, for a short boost for example. Or in latch mode, changing the volume parameters for a sort of XY mode.

Back
Top Bottom