X-Load LB-2

trancegodz

Power User
I want to use the X-Load LB-2 with a Marshall 1959 SLP and the Axe FXIII for irs and effects.

How exactly do you physically hook up the X-Load with the Axe FXIII to be able to use the cabs and effects in the Axe FXIII with a real amp through the X-Load?

How do you have to set up the Axe FXIII preset to do this? Are there any simple preset templates for using the X-Load LB-2 with the Axe FXIII's cabs and effects?

Thanks, but It didn't work. I am missing something. How do you have too set up your preset to use an x-load? Do you have to use humbuster cables?

Last edited:
Thanks, but It didn't work. I am missing something. How do you have too set up your preset to use an x-load? Do you have to use humbuster cables?
No, but if you are using the XLR output, you either need phantom power or a wall wart to power the LB2 (in accordance with the PS requirements printed on the LB2).

Otherwise, I'd start investigating into ye olde cable issues.

/
I want to use the X-Load LB-2 with a Marshall 1959 SLP and the Axe FXIII for irs and effects.

How exactly do you physically hook up the X-Load with the Axe FXIII to be able to use the cabs and effects in the Axe FXIII with a real amp through the X-Load?

How do you have to set up the Axe FXIII preset to do this? Are there any simple preset templates for using the X-Load LB-2 with the Axe FXIII's cabs and effects?

Once you try this method and then A/B it with the Marshall selections available in the AxeIII, I predict that you will park the tube amp and it will collect dust. It's unnecessary at this point for this type of usage. Save it for the live 4x12 experience.

You will need to build the preset so it has the following blocks:

In1, Out3, In3, Cab, Out1. You'll also need to set the input mode of input 3 to either sum L+R or mono.
Thanks! I had input 3 mode set to stereo, but I just changed it to sum L+R. Do I need to also change the output 3 mode from stereo to sum L+R also? Are you using 2 humbuster cables?

Thanks! I had input 3 mode set to stereo, but I just changed it to sum L+R. Do I need to also change the output 3 mode from stereo to sum L+R also? Are you using 2 humbuster cables?
You shouldn't need to change the output mode because you only need mono into the amplifier. The humbuster cables should not be necessary. Make sure you use a speaker cable going from the speaker out into your LB-2.

You will need to build the preset so it has the following blocks:

In1, Out3, In3, Cab, Out1. You'll also need to set the input mode of input 3 to either sum L+R or mono.
For the record I can't get this routing to work at my end. All I get this way is a little amp signal, largely eclipsed by a wall of squeal reminiscent of a wah block that's been left on and is feeding back. So I'm interested to know if I'm doing something wrong or if this method actually does not work and was never intended to. The manual would suggest the latter. The method that does work for me, is the "Silent Load Box/DI" method outlined on page 5 of the manual. @Admin M@ could you chip in here if you get a moment, please?

For the record I can't get this routing to work at my end. All I get this way is a little amp signal, largely eclipsed by a wall of squeal reminiscent of a wah block that's been left on and is feeding back. So I'm interested to know if I'm doing something wrong or if this method actually does not work and was never intended to. The manual would suggest the latter. The method that does work for me, is the "Silent Load Box/DI" method outlined on page 5 of the manual. @Admin M@ could you chip in here if you get a moment, please?
For the record, I got the same results with the squeal you mentioned and just gave up. The silent load box/DI method doesn't even mention the Axe FXIII (or where to plug into the Axe FXIII). I wanted to use the Axe FXIII cab sims and effects.

Back
Top Bottom