WTF – Welcome to Finland

It's in the news in Australia. Takes our minds off getting shafted by our pollys here - who really couldn't care less about Australians. How dare she be human?... How dare she have cute girl friends who get their gear off and make out at a party. Reminds me of our younger days.

Thanks
Pauly

Has most metal bands per capita? Yup.
Happiest country in the world? Yup.
Has the coolest prime minister? Possibly.
Has the biggest political crisis so far because of prime minister dancing and drinking on a video? Yup.

https://nypost.com/2022/08/18/leaked-videos-show-finnish-pm-sanna-marin-partying/

Most certainly not. Politics is of course another reason, at least for the more conservative Finnish media and opposition: they want her to resign.
Most of this is pretty much a follow-up for her decision to get Finland into NATO in light of the regional turbulences. That seems to have struck a nerve so now all sorts of groups of interests will seize every opportunity they get to discredit her. I think she's entitled to a life, can party as much as she wants & do whatever she wants in her spare time. That said, as a public figure, she'd be wise to be more selective about the people she surrounds herself with even during her private time - looks like she's got a lot of two-faced leeches around.

Most of this is pretty much a follow-up for her decision to get Finland into NATO in light of the regional turbulences. That seems to have struck a nerve so now all sorts of groups of interests will seize every opportunity they get to discredit her. I think she's entitled to a life, can party as much as she wants & do whatever she wants in her spare time. That said, as a public figure, she'd be wise to be more selective about the people she surrounds herself with even during her private time - looks like she's got a lot of two-faced leeches around.
I bet she will be much more selective. She has better things to do than be in a press conference concerning one’s personal life on almost daily basis.

I bet she will be much more selective. She has better things to do than be in a press conference concerning one’s personal life on almost daily basis.
That's a given right now - hard lesson to learn (especially they way she did it)

Just saw a New York post article she actually made a statement regarding this. I really dislike humanity sometimes. The woman figuratively let her hair down for the weekend to blow off a little steam with friends and it makes international news. Meanwhile world governments are robbing its citizens blind and laughing all the way to the bank. Wish she’d run for office here.

And this is why we can't have nice things, and why most of the decent people REFUSE to run for office. Ugh!!??

There has been many PM/Minister "scandals" in Finland in the past, from such a small weird things. The thing were Sanna Marin went wrong in these things was the choice of her "friends", very b-class wannabe/past celebrities which took&shared these videos/pictures. She could do better. Nothing wrong in having fun, perhaps just consider with whom to have fun in her position.

Without getting into politics (and not knowing so much about Finland prime minister) I would judge a politic by what she/he does not for who she/he drinks something in her/his free time…

Without getting into politics (and not knowing so much about Finland prime minister) I would judge a politic by what she/he does not for who she/he drinks something in her/his free time…
My point was that these situations went public because of the people she enjoyd life with. If I was a friend of an PM and we went to party, I would not post videos/photos that would cause the PM trouble or at least unneccessary attention and mental burden. I guess that few of these people are not really friends but just those hangarounds causing these things.. in certain positions you just have to be a bit careful

You are right. In addiction to what I wrote before I would like to say that if you decide to have a public life you have to carefully select who are around you. So many wants to be at top but they aren’t good for anything so… what’s the better way to do it? “Using” your VIP friend…

My point was that these situations went public because of the people she enjoyd life with. If I was a friend of an PM and we went to party, I would not post videos/photos that would cause the PM trouble or at least unneccessary attention and mental burden. I guess that few of these people are not really friends but just those hangarounds causing these things.. in certain positions you just have to be a bit careful

Meh. Putting the burden on her is not the answer.... as much as the problem. Geesh, she should stay sheltered and
have no life and be paranoid and not associate with anyone lest something be shared publicly from her private life
and she is judged by people who all have likely done far worse things in private.

Although I find the notion that people who aren’t from Holland kinda forget we even exist as an individual country, let’s say: debatable, I gladly explain what I was referring to.
The OP hints at a political incident stemming from (what I think) a narrow mindedness (legitimate or pretended for electorial gain) that a couple of years ago would have been unthinkable in Holland. However, over the last years these sort of petty political pissing contests have become all to familiair to the Dutch and I for one thinks this is a bad development to say the least.
Now on the subject of countries whose existence might not be common knowledge to the rest of the world, I see in your profile that you are from the Legitimate Republic of Blanketsburg. I’ll be honest with you….. 😀

Just kidding, obviously I enjoyed that TV show just as much as you, because I do know very well what your are referring to. Just one question, did you or didn’t you reside in Fluffytown before? 😀😀

Back
Top Bottom