Wow! Never seen so much Whining and Crying. Lets get a grip on this!

Scenario One: You are the manufacturer of the top dog device on the market. The entire industry is eyeing you, especially the multi-million dollar corporation that would love to see you disappear. You have developed intellectual property and technology that surpasses anything that multi-million dollar corp has dreamed about. You get emails every day from people you don't know, asking what you are up to, if you are working on the next big thing. You keep your intentions, your plans, and your breakthroughs close to your vest. You are acting in the manner of an intelligent, prudent businessman.

Scenario Two: You are a petulant and naive youngster, full of oneself and unwilling to see the bigger picture beyond one's own interests, as yet unaware that in real life people make expensive decisions every day, on matters of life and death (let alone musical equipment), decisions that frequently would have been made differently in hindsight, decisions that often cause real pain and suffering. Seemingly unaware that the 6 billion human beings around him virtually always act in the manner which best serves their own passion and commitments, not his. You whine and post angry screeds, repeating the same outraged bombast over and over, like a toddler insisting "it's not fair!".

In this thread, we should be asking ourselves:
Which one best depicts me?
Which one most deserves my respect?
Which one displays the attributes most likely to carry him successfully through the tragedies and tribulations of life?

Which one?

Really, there's nothing to win here.

It's a shame because it's turning the forum into nothing more than a place heated debates, i will be glad to see the "Hey guys, new here, great product, can you help me out" threads again!

I think both sides of this battle should stop. And I probably have more right to be pissed than most.

I bought 5 days ago (haven't even gotten my ultra) and since I bought B-stock, I get no option to return the unit that will be here in 3 days. Still no response from FAS on a possible exception, but that is beside my point.

I haven't whined about it. I am actually still stoked to be getting any axe fx!

For someone to come on here who has obviously had an axe fx for quite some time and say that they are gonna get the II because they have spare cash is just plain insulting.

Can't everyone just shut up about it? :p

Bingo! I have my axe less than a month and did not get a B Stock, so you and I are in the same boat. I was not complaining at all. I said a token discount would be nice but would likely purchase a II either way. The only thing that got me starting to post or "complain" are guys that have had their Axe for years and gotten tons of FW upgrades starting threads or making posts telling people to stop whining.

Sure a guy that has had an Axe for a year or two doesn't have much reason to complain, but 3 weeks? 2 months? Different perspective.

Stupid analogies like buying cars doesn't help.

Scenario One: You are the manufacturer of the top dog device on the market. The entire industry is eyeing you, especially the multi-million dollar corporation that would love to see you disappear. You have developed intellectual property and technology that surpasses anything that multi-million dollar corp has dreamed about. You get emails every day from people you don't know, asking what you are up to, if you are working on the next big thing. You keep your intentions, your plans, and your breakthroughs close to your vest. You are acting in the manner of an intelligent, prudent businessman.

Scenario Two: You are a petulant and naive youngster, full of oneself and unwilling to see the bigger picture beyond one's own interests, as yet unaware that in real life people make expensive decisions every day, on matters of life and death (let alone musical equipment), decisions that frequently would have been made differently in hindsight, decisions that often cause real pain and suffering. Seemingly unaware that the 6 billion human beings around him virtually always act in the manner which best serves their own passion and commitments, not his. You whine and post angry screeds, repeating the same outraged bombast over and over, like a toddler insisting "it's not fair!".

In this thread, we should be asking ourselves:
Which one best depicts me?
Which one most deserves my respect?
Which one displays the attributes most likely to carry him successfully through the tragedies and tribulations of life?

Which one?

This is perhaps the lamest post I have seen yet. Only petulent and naive youngsters full of themselves would "whine". . . . . .please.

First of all I work for a manufacturer you described in A, and we have to make these decisions all the time. Our customers are probably more fanatic than Axe customers because we ALWAYS err on the side of the customer. I am not naive or petulent enough to expect FAS to run their business the way we run ours, nor have I demanded anything.

If you can't see the difference in perspective of a guy that had an Axe for 3 YEARS vs a guy like me who has had it for 3 WEEKS. . . . .then you are the one that only thinks about how the entire world effects him. . . .

I do think people are entitled to air their views and it's not up to board members to actually speak on behalf of Fractal.They can do that themselves. Board members can, of course, voice their own opinions. I do myself. It's a debate about something affecting customers, old and new, and that's a good thing. It's a difficult area.

The 'whining' threads are no different from the 'perspective' threads. One man's whine is another man's perspective.

Hopefully, you'll enjoy your purchases and draw your own line underneath it all eventually.
I hope you all stay part of the Axe-Fx family.

Congtats! You get it. It is all about perception. The perception changes depending how close to the anouncement you bought your Axe.

What is the difference between comedy and tragedy?

Comedy is where I see you fall on a banana peel. . . . . .

Tragedy is where I fall on the banana peel. . . .

I am willing to bet all these dolts saying to get over it would wine like school girls if they had a new box for 3 weeks and it devalued so quickly. . . . .

I think anyone who has ever purchased either a Standard or an Ultra should immediately be given a 100% refund, free shipping, and $1000 for pain and suffering. (eye roll).
What an absurd thread. Cliff and his team have gone out of their way to support the first generation units in a manner in which you simply don't see from other companies. IT's NOT all about money with these guys.
They have run out of bandwidth with the current design and are looking at ways to improve the product, AND keep a viable, thriving business.
Should they have announced to the world 6 months ago that they were working on a new unit.....stop buying product......out of "fairness"? Yeah...that makes a ton of sense. (eye roll #2).
I have tried to teach my kids that there is no such thing as "fair". Get over it.

My personal view.....I have a Standard that I bought 6 months ago. It was a freaking insanely good unit last week, and the announcement of a new unit doesn't change that a bit. I will likely buy the Axe-FxII because I am intrigued by the added power and what that could mean for the future. I will also likely keep my Standard because I have no compelling reason not to.
How many times have you bought a 46" plasma TV for xxx $$ only to see a bigger/better one two weeks later for half the cost? Imagine if you applied the same logic there?
Fractal owes me nothing.

Telling guys they are STUPID for feeling annoyed at the situation is STUPID..you end up doing nothing but adding fuel to to the fire and pi**ing people off, people will get over it in time, they have no choice.

Let people feel annoyed and get over it in their own way, continuing with all the analogies is now worthless, they have been said more than enough times.

Congtats! You get it. It is all about perception. The perception changes depending how close to the anouncement you bought your Axe.

What is the difference between comedy and tragedy?

Comedy is where I see you fall on a banana peel. . . . . .

Tragedy is where I fall on the banana peel. . . .

I am willing to bet all these dolts saying to get over it would wine like school girls if they had a new box for 3 weeks and it devalued so quickly. . . . .

No, not really, I wouldn't.

And no one I know personally would do so, either. My friend who bought a boogie mark IV bought his not but a week before they released the mark V to the public, he's still happy with his mark IV.

If I bought an ultra prior to this announcement, i'd still be happy to have an ultra in the first place. as long as it works, makes sound and doesn't sound like dog shit, i'm happy enough. some of the likes of you have it in your head that just because a new version is released, the current version you own will suddenly sound worse.

keep the ultra, wait until production of the II is in full swing, then sell your ultra and make sure you have some cash saved away, and buy the II.

that's the way I look at it.

Telling guys they are STUPID for feeling annoyed at the situation is STUPID..you end up doing nothing but adding fuel to to the fire and pi**ing people off, people will get over it in time, they have no choice.

Let people feel annoyed and get over it in their own way, continuing with all the analogies is now worthless, they have been said more than enough times.

they're not so much stupid for it, as they are slightly exaggerating the situation.. yeah, now that the II is out, everyone and their brother wants it. a couple of people I know are content with their standards and ultras and don't plan on getting the II until absolutely necessary(and one just got his ultra about a month ago!). I just don't see how the axe fx's are physically any different from the way they were not but the day before the announcement. they still sound great, and they still function, I don't see the problem in that.

it's more or less a mental game with most of these people, they want what's "new" and what's "in"...

Wow. Just wow. I think many are foolish to think that Cliff hasn't been working on new tech for his vision since the day he started. He did say three years of research went into this product. When did he realize he could actually make a new product from all that research? Was it 9, 7 or 2 months ago,? Only he knows. You're calling him a liar without knowing all the facts.

Get over it. If you bought an Axe recently from Fractal then yeah, feel bummed out. I would too. Would I go around bitching and whining about it? Nope.

I can understand people being upset about the situation if the circumstances do not fall in their favour (i.e. recent Ultra purchasers such as myself), although do agree that some of the carrying is a bit unreasonable.

The one thing which I am really surprised at though is the demeanour of a select few who are voraciously lashing out at those expressing the above views. The title of this thread for instance is very overt in this regard. It is clear that these few themselves are pursuing some sort of hidden agenda - quite shamless really. I would suggest that they are seeking some sort of acknowlegement or 'brownie points' from their perceived parental figures and peers.

Don't exploit the situation with a view to project some kind of false noble or heroic status. This is an intelligent forum and you will probably be given due regard.

As a one month owner and somewhat moaner (that rhymes and shit bitches) upon announcement, I think everybody needs to stop complaining now, I was upset for about an hour and not because of re-sale or feeling duped but fear of no support, an hour later and I was not fussed. Go play with your Gen 1, it sounds incredible and enjoy it, I get that some peoples honeymoon periods have been somewhat spoiled but in the silver lining try and use that as a way of being more objective about how good the unit sounds without the hype-rose tinted sunglasses. If you do this I am sure you will see how great a purchase you made and how it will fill every requirement for you until a point where you may or may not upgrade down the line.

If you don't have access to your unit just now go and ask all the questions/do all the research in the other forums you would have other wise.

If you do have access step away from the computer (after you upgrade to v11 ;-)), grab a beer and go jam on your new toy.

My 2 cents but honestly, complaining isn't going to do anything but spoil your fun that need not be spoiled.

Cliff could have said a year ago Axe II was in the works, he could have said 6 months ago but he has reasons and all smart companies do not like to string customers along without solid dates, etc. Apple NEVER releases the dates until they are 100% sure and its usually a month away. All the leaks are from the thousands of tech sites spying to get information. Apple still sells iPad one for the same price the day before the iPad 2 comes out.

Bottom line there is no perfect time. If Cliff said 6 months ago the Axe II may come out, would you have waited? And what if it was delayed and delayed and delayed. The MFC foot controller went down that path and there were lots of pissed people who decided to buy something else because it kept getting delayed.

Cliff let us know about the Axe II the other day. You cannot buy it yet but at least he knows when it will be ready to ship. 2 months ago it could have been impossible to predict.

He has to side with the majority and the majority does not want speculation but hard dates.

As we are all musicians, would you put a flyer out promoting your band MAY be playing a gig in say August 2011 at the X Bar? No one would until they have a agreement with venue.

Bottom line is no matter how Fractal handled this it would have been met with complainants on both sides. I personally think they handled it correctly and with minimal, but expected disappointments from few.

Back
Top Bottom