Wow - it is badass - updated with better pix on 9/13/10

Scott Peterson

Global Moderator
Vendor
This thing is just insanely cool. Total power over the black box now. And more to come, I need one more custom cable so I can add another expression pedal (that'll be 3 on my board) for volume pedal duties.

Once I had my Axe-FX de-Rocktron (had to reset all the controller numbers in the Axe-FX) and did the required work on the controller pedal itself (reset the 1A switches to what I wanted to control with them, calibrate my expression pedals, label the 1A switches with my wife's handy labeler), and I was good to go. I can change anything I want to with the Axe-Edit and then when I plug the pedal back in - boom, it now knows it instantly. It reads the names from the Axe-FX, no more programing the pedal. I set up the "song" mode, (which is really just a custom bank of various presets you choose to group together) to have banks I use in groups, easy to call up even though they are all over my Axe-FX in numerical order; now they are grouped as per my wishes.

It's VERY bright. The tempo button flashes in tempo and everything that is available to you lights up. Red means 'here, but not on'; green means 'on' and nothing means, not available in this preset. You can click the "Reveal" button and have 5 more 1A switches (assuming you use banks of 5 presets like I do); click it again and it reverts to the preset bank again on the bottom row. Outstanding.

A tuner on the midi controller is main thing; the tempo LED is another. It's all the information you need to run things live efficently.

So far here - it's everything I had hoped for and more in a controller.

It REALLY allows you to harness the full no-holds barred power of the black box to the fullest extent. It's SOLID as a rock construction wise. The readout is very clear and easy to read. The LED's he chose for the switches are BRIGHT; and the switches themselves are total quality items.

Here are a couple pics. Mounted up on a PedalTrain Pro.

mfc101SP2.jpg

mfc101SP1.jpg

Anyone want an All Access? It'll be for sale as soon as I get some pics. ;)

Re: Wow - it is badass

Very cool. I would like to get one at some point but I'll have to make do with my old X15... for now. I wonder how many old MIDI pedal boards are going to be on the market now that this thing is shipping.

So cool, Scott - congrats.

I'm looking forward to getting mine from G66 - can't wait...

Awesome - looks like I'm gonna have to "borrow" the P-Touch again! :lol:

xrist04 said:
Awesome - looks like I'm gonna have to "borrow" the P-Touch again! :lol:

At my place it's called the V-touch.
Oh, never mind.

I prefer the white-on-black tape, but it seems like it's not available anymore.

-<MACHINE>- said:
[quote="Scott Peterson":1yszi58d]
flyingfadr said:
VERY cool !! Can we get a pic of the Tuning display ? :D

IMAG0148.jpg

Funny, I thought the same thing...thanks for that Scott.

What does it look like when it's in tune?[/quote:1yszi58d]

No, it centers over the note with arrows on both sides. Very simple.

Glad to see that the LED's are as bright as they are... the pictures on the info page look very dim...

Me likes it !

flyingfadr said:
Glad to see that the LED's are as bright as they are... the pictures on the info page look very dim...

Me likes it !

They are bright as hell. It's like Christmas when you turn off the lights and let the pedal light up the room. :D

That's awesome ! Now if I could only get the bottom 5 preset LED's custom ordered in Blue LED's... (wishing..) ;)
Will I order it as is ? Absolutely ! :D

flyingfadr said:
That's awesome ! Now if I could only get the bottom 5 preset LED's custom ordered in Blue LED's... (wishing..) ;)
Will I order it as is ? Absolutely ! :D
Aren't all the LED's bi-colored? So... you'd go blue/green I guess?
I just got my LG with blue LEDs. So cool! :)

Yeah, it's not an option, but one can dream...

It'll be awesome to get one... hope it's SOON... my controller is on life support... and not doing well... ;)

Back
Top Bottom