Would you rather PXM-12mp or RCF ART-910?

That's another topic/thread we should be discussing. How/why did Behringer drop their price so much? Did components get cheaper? Are they launching a new line of products?
I bought an X32Rack and S16 for hundreds less than the mixer itself used to cost, and my salesman threw in a 200’ ProCo EtherCon cable to beat out other sellers. I have been needing a second rack mixer both as a backup and to work on possibilities of a separate FOH and IEM setup for the future.

My guess is there is going to be a “Mk II” coming out soon that’s going to update the interfaces and internal limitations. Primarily getting past USB 2.0 and 48k rates for more studio compatibility, I’m thinking, along with more file formats (beyond .wav files) for input/break music/backing tracks via USB. Bluetooth and a real, working, decent range internal WIFI might not hurt either. There’s room for some welcome upgrades.

That said, as a live mixer the X32 (and M32 if your pockets are deeper) mixers have been hard to beat for value vs cost for over a decade now. You sure can’t lose buying new at nearly half off, it’s going to be a great mixer for a long time… longer than I’m likely to still be doing live shows! I’m having to re-learn the interface for the controls, and I never delved into the routing capabilities, which are pretty impressive. Right now I think I’m going to configure it all in user routing, to eliminate much of the “bank of 8’ standard that it was tied to previous to V4 firmware. I think it’s going to be a great addition to my rack for the kind of bands I play with, and I’m super-happy to grab one.

I don’t really need another FM9T, but if Cliff suddenly put them on the site for $899, I’d likely buy one anyway. It’s like that.

PXM-12MPs all day and every day for me. I have 2 of them and have had them for a year now with countless gigs and rehearsals. They work and sound great and are very reliable.

Back
Top Bottom