Would you like a downloadable pack of Factory IRs?

Would you like Cliff to release a pack of the Stock (Factory) IRs?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TimmyM

Inspired
I know I would - especially following Scott's thread where he was finding benefits to using the Stock Factory IRs with the RedWirez.

This would mean one could blend the stock IRs with anything else, allowing one to be able to use only one cab block.

TimmyM

I would rather some solution where we had a bunch of IR's and could mix them freely and exchange them easily. With RedWirez, which I love, I've gotten best results by mixing a bunch of them - 3, 4, and so I wouldn't waste energy allowing the mixing of 2.

Mark

In a way you can already mix a stock cab with a RW IR. Select a stereo cab, select a RW IR for one side and a stock cab for the other. Set levels as desired.

You are correct Yek. I guess the reason I put it forward was to allow people to sample their mixes in a DAW like Reaper, before sending to the Axe-FX.

I guess maybe leaving it as it is has its benefits too for live. Leaving the stock cab seperate from the Redwirez means in a live situation you can adjust the blend between RedWirez IR (eg if using far field) and the more "direct"** sounding stock IR. This would help in case (as Scott found) you had dialled in a cab sound that washed your tone out of the mix too much.

TimmyM

Back
Top Bottom