Would this work for the AX8?

mag1k

Inspired
When i am home, my AX8 is on top of a desk and kinda step on the AX8. I was wondering if a Behringer MIDI Foot Controller FCB1010 would work for the AX8. I can buy it really cheap used. Or do you all know anything that would work on the AX8? Maybe a 4,6,8 buttons that i can just put on the ground while the AX8 is on the desk. Thank you everyone!!!

Last edited:
Why do you put the AX-8 on the desk? Kind of defeats the primary purpose of its design to control it with a midi pedal...

The FCB-1010 could work, but is fairly limited unless you update to a replacement ROM chip.

Why do you put the AX-8 on the desk? Kind of defeats the primary purpose of its design to control it with a midi pedal...

The FCB-1010 could work, but is fairly limited unless you update to a replacement ROM chip.
I play in my bedroom. I have no room for it on the floor except under the computer desk, except it does not fit under because my pedalboard is too wide. It is only for the house ok. When playing out, it is on the floor. So please just answer my questions thank you. I don't mean to be an asshole but i am.

They'll all work if they can be programmed to emit PC and CC messages.
The guy selling said "I have installed the FCB Uno chip installed to make programming much easier" i don't know if that is what you mean. I really don't know anything about midi.

The guy selling said "I have installed the FCB Uno chip installed to make programming much easier" i don't know if that is what you mean. I really don't know anything about midi.
The Uno chip extends the FCB-1010 -- makes it programmable. See http://www.fcb1010.eu/uno.html for details. You'll need to know what you're doing to make use of it. Some knowledge of MIDI is required.

I play in my bedroom. I have no room for it on the floor except under the computer desk, except it does not fit under because my pedalboard is too wide. It is only for the house ok. When playing out, it is on the floor. So please just answer my questions thank you. I don't mean to be an ******* but i am.
And with that kind of attitude you won't get much help.

By the way, you'll notice I actually DID answer you.

I play in my bedroom. I have no room for it on the floor except under the computer desk, except it does not fit under because my pedalboard is too wide. It is only for the house ok. When playing out, it is on the floor. So please just answer my questions thank you. I don't mean to be an ******* but i am.

You have no room for the AX8 on the floor but have room for FCB1010? FCB1010 is 27"x9" FYI... pretty huge.

The fcb will work with the AX-8, but the expression pedals on the fcb do not play well. there is a very large amount of lag when using the expression pedals. Also the fcb is much longer then the AX-8. so if room under the desk is a problem, this may not help.

Don't ask me how big your pedalboards is... measure it yourself and compare. I gave you the dimensions of FCB already.
Fcb will fit since it's only 27" left to right. The pedalboard is 36" left to right. Anyways, thanks my yeky38.

Back
Top Bottom