Would this USB to MIDI cable work?

That's exactly the cable I bought which did NOT work with the Axe-Edit software. I received an M-Audio Fast Track Pro from FedEx today and have yet to try it out but my hopes are high. But the cable you just posted, forget about it. I wasted at least an hour trying everything I could with OSX 10.6 and Win XP SP3 and it never worked.

What OS? Didn't work with my Macbook with the most current OSX or Win XP SP3 for me, brand new Ultra with newest firmware, Axe-Edit downloaded and installed for the first time on both OS's within the past week or so. Sysex ID in software and AFx both defaulted to the same value. Tried messing around with everything I could think of. Not sure what else I could've tried. How have y'all gotten it to work?

Hmmmm... I might just have to try my luck since i'm still using vista.
Scott please tell us if you get lucky with the M-Audio Fast Track Pro. I was just thinking about upgrading from Fast Track to Fast Track Pro.

Thanks guys!

It worked for me on Windows 7 x64 BUT... it had quirks where it is fine for a bit then I try to change patches then AxeEdit freezes and I have to restart it. If you are happy with this behavior then use it. I moved to a TASCAM US-1641 with USB 2 and have not had a single freeze in 3 weeks. You get what you pay for.

Got the Fast Track Pro hooked up tonight. Still not working with Windows XP SP3, but it *is* working with OSX, more or less. I've got communication between Axe-Edit and the AFx, am able to load presets and all. Have successfully saved individual files for each preset, took everything in BankA and saved it to BankC on the AFx (so I can overwrite the presets in BankA without losing them) and am generally very happy with it. Just figured out how to save the banks to disk as well. Good stuff.

So far the only problem I'm having is that Axe-Edit won't exit successfully. I always have to Force Quit to get it to actually shut down. The issue there is that everytime I reopen it, I have to reset the midi settings and the CC assignments for the tuner and tap tempo. If that's the only problem I'm going to have, I can totally deal with that. Haven't yet tried the S/PDIF connection, but I'm assuming that should work fine. I'll test it as soon as I can.

So, good news with the Fast Track Pro, with OSX 10.6 but not Win XP SP3.

Okay, scratch that, I just restarted in Win XP mode to see if I could figure out what might be wrong, and without changing anything at all, it's now working. Lol? So it looks like it might be okay with XP as well. Just backed up BankA to disk and it worked like a champ. I'll report back if anything goes wrong, but it looks like the Fast Track Pro + Win XP SP3 combo can work. Still not clear on why it wouldn't connect the first time but did this time. If I get any intermittent problems again I'll report back here for sure.

Extra psyched now!

Lol! I'm glad you got it workin' man. I guess i'll be saving a few this week to get the fast track pro. Thanks for posting scott!

Back
Top Bottom