Would this rack fit the Axe? Any other suggestions?

bammbamm

Experienced
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of getting this rack case: SKB Roto Rolling Rack Case | Musician's Friend

I'm gonna put my Axe XL, Matrix GT 1600, and power conditioner and a VAFAM panel. Would this be a good choice? I'm sort of concerned if the protruding front handles of the Axe and Matrix power amp will cause any problems when closing the case.

Also, any other suggestions for me?

Thanks!

Look up the specific dimensions on the SKB website, though it should be absolutely fine, regarding the front/back panels. I have an SKB Roto 4U (non-rolling) and it is WAY too big.

hehe yeah being way too big is also a problem. But I plan on maybe putting the power conditioner in the back rails so the extra internal space is nice. Just not sure about the extra external size. I have to think about that.

My 6-space has an AxeFx, Kemper, and power conditioner up front with a Matrix PA, wireless unit, and connection panel on the back with not a lot of room to spare. They are deep units, but if you get creative, you can do a lot with that space.

My 6-space has an AxeFx, Kemper, and power conditioner up front with a Matrix PA, wireless unit, and connection panel on the back with not a lot of room to spare. They are deep units, but if you get creative, you can do a lot with that space.

That's amazing. I'd like to see some pics of your work if you have some, maybe I can get some ideas. Thanks.

Ahhh....so nice to be rocking a little 6-space short rack these days. Axe Fx, Matrix 1U, power conditioner. Done.

I bought the 6 space version.
this sucker is REALLY deep.
too deep for my needs.
but I like the wheels and handle elements of it.

I bought the 6 space version.
this sucker is REALLY deep.
too deep for my needs.
but I like the wheels and handle elements of it.

Yeah me too. I was also looking at the Gator GRR-6L Rolling rack but there were some reports (reviews) of handles breaking off, quality control issues, etc. Maybe SKB is better in that regard since I haven't heard as much problems

Back
Top Bottom