Would love a little feedback on a demo of a bass using upright preset...

mistermikev

Experienced
So... in my spare time I build guitars and one of the highlights of that endeavor is that I enter my builds into amateur luthier contests. No cash prizes or anything... just for bragging rights. Well I recently finished up a 5 string fretless w an under saddle piezo. I setup an upright bass ir (3sigma) preset on the axe and also just played her through some other axe presets I made. I hope I'm not infringing... but I know there are some great ears here and was wondering if I could coax y'all into some feedback on my tone? My playing is not great... way out of practice for fretless (and in general)... and I'm afraid I'm pretty long winded about my bass too... but if you could see your way past that... I'd really appreciate it!

thanks in advance for any feedback you would provide.

Honestly, the tone of the instrument and the patch sound amazing. Its incredibly clear in the low end.

If you want someone to nit pick - there's a touch too much reverb for my liking on the upright preset. But overall I think you should be more kind to yourself. Sounds awesome.

Honestly, the tone of the instrument and the patch sound amazing. Its incredibly clear in the low end.

If you want someone to nit pick - there's a touch too much reverb for my liking on the upright preset. But overall I think you should be more kind to yourself. Sounds awesome.
here I am feeling all dejected that my axefx friends wouldn't give me the time of day... I should have known y'all would treat me better than I deserve! From the bottom of my heart - thank you. Your feedback confirms what my initial thought on the reverb was too. I think i set that up listening thru headphones and I should've listened on the monitors b4 doing the demo... but this was sort of impromptu.
Thank you very much for taking the time! means the world to me!!

I love the sound of fretless bass. Congrats on a very cool build.
honestly forgot how much I liked that sound... about 3 years ago I started this build and sold my old fretless thinking I'd get her done pretty quick... then life happened! thank you very much for the feedback - I truly appreciate it!

That is an amazing piece of work! You have a special talent!!
thank you! Is really a labor of love. much like playing guitar - it takes so much concentration that when I'm doing it I forget all the things in life that bother me and just get lost in my head. Also, I have cured my gass for guitars... sadly I have converted it to lust for cool wood! Anywho... very much appreciate the reply!

Back
Top Bottom