Worship Service in Florianopolis w/ Quantum

Philip34

Experienced
So I finally installed Quantum before our meeting last night....whoa. What a difference!

I only tried three presets: my acoustic sim patch, Matchless HC30 (TMA), and Deluxe Reverb.

With the 1st two, I didn't notice a huge difference, but I really noticed a...um...chewier...dynamic-ier sound with the Deluxe Reverb. It's been so long since I ever played a Deluxe Reverb at full volume, I think I'd forgotten what it sounded like.

Great stuff, Cliff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You poor, poor man. Surrounded by all those beautiful women in Florianopolis. I have a buddy with a modeling agency down there. Beautiful city as well, though my taste in women is more slanted to Salvador. Also there is a Fogo De Chao in Salvador!

So I finally installed Quantum before our meeting last night....whoa. What a difference!

I only tried three presets: my acoustic sim patch, Matchless HC30 (TMA), and Deluxe Reverb.

With the 1st two, I didn't notice a huge difference, but I really noticed a...um...chewier...dynamic-ier sound with the Deluxe Reverb. It's been so long since I ever played a Deluxe Reverb at full volume, I think I'd forgotten what it sounded like.

Great stuff, Cliff.

Can't wait for ax8, going straight to church rig, cost provided,
Looking forward to using some of the sweeping ambient sounds,

É merrmo, cara! A minha esposa é Carioca- me ensinou Português com sotaque pesado. Ninguém repara que sou um gringo. Eu não tomei aula nenhuma.

Anyway, the tone is just spot-on and consistent everyday of the week, esp Sunday's.

I went straight to the board today at my church and let me tell you, it sounded SUPERB! Quantum really made a huge difference

What are you guys playing in church? I've always imagined praying, chanting and the occasional gospel song. Are you guys playing hard rock? Are there mostly families in the audience? I'm not a church goer, but maybe I'm missing something here!

What are you guys playing in church? I've always imagined praying, chanting and the occasional gospel song. Are you guys playing hard rock? Are there mostly families in the audience? I'm not a church goer, but maybe I'm missing something here!
a lot of soundscape/ambient type stuff, with plenty of chimey driving rock thrown in. sometimes a little hard rock rears it's head.

These concerts are after a "normal" Sunday service, or do these concerts essentially replace the traditional sort of sermon and prayer ceremonies of the old days?

It looks like a Muse show!

These concerts are after a "normal" Sunday service, or do these concerts essentially replace the traditional sort of sermon and prayer ceremonies of the old days?

We have about 45 minutes of music / praise & worship, followed by an hour of speaking / preaching. The samples I posted are from our praise & worship time. It's not a concert. It's actually very participatory. Words are projected on a screen and everyone sings with the band.

Terry.

It looks like a Muse show!

Most churches these days try to be culturally relevant, with worship music that moves current generations (not 150 years old). It's still about the words (meaning) though. Without that all you have is a show. Christians believe they meet with God in a special way during worship.

Isn't it pretty loud though? I assume there are a bunch of babies and very young children in the audience? Anyway it's very interesting and I'm glad to hear that people enjoy it and get a lot out of it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom