Wish Worn Tape Modulation

fetishfrog

Inspired
Member @simeon noted in the quoted post the worn tape delay produces a very useful modulation, but it can only be heard when the delay time is 50 ms or more.

Would it be possible to port the modulation algorithm to the tremolo or phaser block so wr can have it without delay?

so the only way i can get a convincing flutter is to use the pitch block. i didn't initially, because there's a tiny bit of latency.

in the delay block, the worn tape algo does exactly the right stuff, but you can only hear the modulation if the delay time is above about 50ms, which is a shame.

anyway try this one (if anyone is actually following this, i feel like i'm talking to myself here)

we are getting progressively more and more crusty...

Would it be possible to port the modulation algorithm to the tremolo or phaser block so wr can have it without delay?
I think that sort of modulation in a tape block would be misplaced in the tremolo or phaser blocks. Tape-based modulation is a time-based effect whereas tremolo and phaser are not.

Delays, chorus and flangers are time-based, and all offer modulation. Flanger has the shortest time delay, chorus is somewhere in the middle, and delays are longer, and they all offer a lot of control. Read the Blocks manual and the Wiki entries for them for ideas of what they can do.

Search the Factory Presets page in the Wiki for "tape" to see various factory presets that mess with the tape delays with modulation.

Back
Top Bottom