World class sound...

zentman

Experienced
So I gigged today and forgot all about being hunched over my Axe for hours trying to match internet tones on a digital gear forum. ;)

I had my two monitors in my face and the house had a mono feed. It was huge and was absolutely stunning in audio quality, feel, tone, hugeness etc.

Did one tune with the whole U2 thing (even did a verse of Streets Have No Name). That nasty azz Vox TB just chimed that mother. The Fender Deluxe was crisp but never biting.

The harsh bite that was there sometimes live on the Ultra is gone. Don't get me wrong, the Ultra rocks live but there were certain clean tones that when spanked cried in a naughty way.

That Bogner I have been dialing in lately was massive in air pushing power and the Recto leads were fluid.

As always, the effects shone. Even though i don't use a lot of verb live, unlike my recordings, I do use some. The delays have always killed and still do. A single delay into a multi tap played judiciously and loudly, is sublime.

Today it wasn't about is the Kemper better? Do I hear something offensively wrong? Is it exactly like this Eddie recording?

Nope....today was about world class unbeatable live rockin' tones.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, the Ultra rocks live but there were certain clean tones that when spanked cried in a naughty way.

I guess you mean "naughty", in a not nice way, like when Santa aint happy either....

I'm curious if this is more reference to "unwanted high end harshness".

This may relate to why my Ultra fails to break up the way I want on something like a "little wing" tone. Just a slight sparkle is desired, but I'm not sure if I can do it, and it may be my pickup in my guitar that is letting me down, or it could be something about the way the Ultra Firmware 11 software handles changes in dynamics, versus what is available in the new box.

I hope I have my Axe II in the next couple of months. Rod at Tone Merchants, please remember me at Christmas when you're checking your list....

Back
Top Bottom