Work Break

Yeah if I'm not there for a minute and don't want to drop my VPN connection by closing the lid and having it sleep, I just close it 85%, so they can't get to it.
Yes, this. ^^^^

In my case, as I am using an external keyboard on my work machine to overcome the MacBook butterfly keyboard SNAFU, I have to tuck the keyboard up in there as well.

I have found that keeping a can of compressed air nearby is a good deterrent. I call it 'The Can of HISS'....

Yeah if I'm not there for a minute and don't want to drop my VPN connection by closing the lid and having it sleep, I just close it 85%, so they can't get to it.

You know can just simply adjust your sleep mode settings of your laptop so it won't go to sleep when you close the lid, right? That's usually the first thing I do with a new laptop, get rid of all those annoying settings that Windows thinks should be standard.

You know can just simply adjust your sleep mode settings of your laptop so it won't go to sleep when you close the lid, right? That's usually the first thing I do with a new laptop, get rid of all those annoying settings that Windows thinks should be standard.
Sure, but except for that case, it actually IS what I want. When I close the lid, I'm not using it, it can save a little power, give all those transistors a break...

Sure, but except for that case, it actually IS what I want. When I close the lid, I'm not using it, it can save a little power, give all those transistors a break...

In which case you can assign the sleep mode function to the on/off button. Windows settings are your friends. If you can find the right one that is.

Back
Top Bottom