With the new 2599 price increase of the ll, I think used ultra values are going up

WannaRock

If the value of the new unit is going to be 2599. Just a guess but I bet used ultras are going to be closer to 1800 give or take. That should be nicer for the folks who bought new ultra's this past year.

I bought my Ultra a couple of weeks ago for a total price of $1670 (including shipping). Being that i'm from Australia I think I got a great price and it made me feel more at ease with the delays of the Axe 2 (especially to Australia) and the price increase.

Loving my Ultra and also enjoying the banter that is going on in the forums with regards to the 2 :D

I think people may get sick of waiting/price increase for the 2 and just buy the Ultra back again so I think they may go to $1800. Hope they do, makes me feel better ;)

I just scored an Ultra from a fellow forum member to tide me over until my spot on the II list comes up. Can't wait.

What I thought was hilarious was how a lot of people panicked at the announcement of the axe fx II and sold off their units thinking they would be able to easily replace it. I KNEW some were gonna be dissapointed at the wait and I knew this was going to happen.

Then there is the price increase, makes it that much harder to obtain a axe fx II because people who pay the $2,600.00 go before the people on the list. Which only pushes back the people on the list further. What a circus!

I have been through the wringer with trying to get my ultra, so I am NOT going through THAT again!

I am waiting a year and then see if the II is worth the upgrade or not after the honeymoon period is over with buyers of the axe fx II.

Probably end up buying used off ebay to avoid the stupid "empty cart" ordering on the yahoo store. I simply cannot stand that type of ordering...order something and HOPE you can get a order accepted? No thanks!

Last edited:
I think the prices were always going to creap back up for both Ultra sn Standard anyway.

The Cheap prices a few weeks back were due to the glut of units available after the AFX2 was announced.

By retiring the Gen 1 units from "new" sale meant the entry price was higher than before (even before the price rise) and the ammount od used Units became finite - and in truth not really that many (Maybe what, 10k workdwide max ?).

Basically, you had to pay the $2200 for the AFX2, or get a used older version. Not everyone buying the AFX2 already has an Axe - and not everyone iwht an axe will upgrade bue to either cost, or availability. That will keep the availability of used units relatively low.

All this will result in prices of used units going back up. Probably not to the pre-AFX2 prices (especially the Ultra that seemed to fetch nearly new prices), but more than the prices seen straight after the AFX2 was announced.

Its already happening in the UK (which has a MUCH smaller availability of Units but also a much smaller potential market). A Standard was going for around £1300 used pre AFX2. Once AFX2 was announced it dropped to around £1000. The ones selling now are going fro around £1150.

I think prices will settle around (and Im guessing the $ price here in truth) $1750 or so for the Ultra and around $1250 for the Standard. That seems fair with a new AFX2 at $2200. When the "coupon" period ends, and the AFX2 new price is $2700- then Id expect Ultras to fetch $1900-$2000 and Standards around the £1400 mark.

As I said - this isnt only due to the price of the AFX2 but also because Ultras/Standards are no longer available new, so availability of used units wont be that high.

Just did a search on ebay for axe fx ultra ...there are NOW FIVE LEFT!

Out of all that panic selling.....five left! And they are STARTING at $1,800.00!

So to the people that panic sold and now are without anything, I'll bet they are having second thoughts now.

Especially as the II is going to be hard to get ahold of. Just as I predicted from the start of this whole mess!

I was hoping that Cliff might have been able to make more at the start of the launch, but it just does not seem that way.

Last edited:
*clap clap clap* I suddenly don't feel so stupid for having paid quite a bit of money for my Ultra about a month before the 2 was announced. This kinda feels like a stock market plunge - some news come, stocks plunge, then everything settles down over time. If you ask me, the ones who did the panic sell are the losers. Patience is mostly always rewarding. I think I'll be laughing some more now that this new price increase has kicked in!

BTW - hurray to everyone who managed to nab their 2s in good time! For everyone else, ouch!

Sold mine and it sucks, but I got $1800 for it and both I and the buyer were satisfied with the deal. I still think that once the dust settles and the II starts being more abundant that it will settle into the $1600 range, but the funniest part is the guys who were all talking about how they were going to swoop in and buy an Ultra for $1000 on all the other sites. ;) I told them that there weren't that many out there and that it wasn't going to happen and that once the initial surge of new adopters/panic died out that it was going to be dry.

Yes, I do love being right and an I told you so sometimes....but only when it's someone who likes being an ass to begin with. :razz

I've got an 11R to hold me over and I couldn't be happier...

OK, that's a complete frickin' lie and we both know it. It'll hold me over for now, but I could definitely be happier with either the Standard, the Ultra or the AxeFXII.

I hope the prices go up. I bought an Ultra for a sweet deal right after the announcement. If the value of my Ultra goes up I'm all for it for no other reason that I can gloat. :D At the moment its worth more to me than what I paid for it so I don't really care what the used market trades at.

good lord! sigh. we (consumers) are real puppets that dance and jump when the commercial world dangles carrots in front of us. fear of scarcity in the marketplace turns reasoning/logical human beings into zombie mad rioters/looters. okay, this may be a bit far fetched...just my overall sentiments of what i've been observing here lately. Love my Ultra!!!

I see several Ultras for sale at the moment with an asking price above 1600 Euro and ....they're not selling at those prices!
When the II really becomes available in larger quantities I expect prices to drop more. My guess: below 1000 Euro for a standard and around 1200 for an Ultra.
I could be wrong but that's my expectation. When the II's become available more people that want the II will need to sell their current units to fund their new toys and it will put pressure on the second hand prices. moreso than the brief period of 'panic' just around the announcement without any real availability IMO.

S.R.

Wont drop that low.

Not everyone with a standard or Ultra wants to, or can afford to move up to the 2. The price of the 2 is high, compared to the old entry price of a standard, and there are a finite number of standards and Ultras in circulation.

Somewhere around £1000 for the standard and £1300/£1400 for the Ultra I see as fair settled price. Thats somewhere around Euro 1150 and Euro 1500 respectivly.

Ultimately there can be 5000 spare 2s at G66, but if you dont have the Euro 2300 asking price and want a Fractal unit - the only way is used, and the finite supply of used units will keep the price reasonable.

I see "wanted" adds asking for Standards for 900/1000 Euro and Ultras for 1200. Thats just not going to happen UNLESS someone needs less than that to upgrade, their 2 is ready for shipping, and they want a quick deal (rather than 7 days on EBay) and are happy to take below market value because its enough for their needs.

Last couple in the UK went for around £1150 (standards) so even with ebal listing, final selling fee and paypal costs, thats still around £1080 clear. £850 (which is the 1000 euro mark) is just a dream for all those hoping to snag a super cheap unit.

Wont drop that low.

Maybe, maybe not. It's all just a guess anyway so we'll see how it pans out. Of course there is still a limited number of axe-fx's out there so that may keep prices a bit higher. I still think they'll drop quite a bit lower than a lot of people on this forum would like but your guess is as valid as mine.

S.R.

In the end the used Axe market will only be worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Look at the TC 2290 how much did that sell for new? and it still fetches well over a grand and it's been discontinued for how long? Bottom line if the gear is good it will bring top $$$ just say'n.

Not everyone with a standard or Ultra wants to, or can afford to move up to the 2.

Thats exactly where I am... For several reasons.

And one is, I am really liking the HELL out of the tones Im getting from this "now" sub-standard Ultra box.... ; )

Back
Top Bottom