With the annoucment of the Axe-FX LX....

im mkI on both the axe2 and mfc. I'd really like to use the XLR in stead of an ethernet cable for durability and convenience. And there's always a spare if I'd need it. being in IT i have a number of CAT5/CAT6 cables available, but the only one that seems to reliable is this really old 15'. It seems if i go longer, I timeout and stuff.

im mkI on both the axe2 and mfc. I'd really like to use the XLR in stead of an ethernet cable for durability and convenience. And there's always a spare if I'd need it. being in IT i have a number of CAT5/CAT6 cables available, but the only one that seems to reliable is this really old 15'. It seems if i go longer, I timeout and stuff.

I'm on mk 1 for both also and run a 50' cat 5 cable that I terminated myself with no issues. IDK why you keep having timeout. You might want to reload firmware on the units...

no. it's not that. it has to be simply the quality of the CAT. I have a 100' that I use for a back-up. both CAT5. I was just wondering if the FASLINK breakouts were still going to be an option. It's not deal breaker on my current rig. i'm not interested in the XL coming. I'd just like the durability, simplicity, and convenience of an XLR. I'm a 99% "live" guy. I wouldn't say I'm hard on my stuff, but it gets played. A LOT!!!! one less "flimsy" cable running across the stage is OK with me.

I am sure they are. We can possible think that the xl just popped into Cliff's mind. The adapters are still needed for mark I & II users who want to use xlr connections with a mfc mark III

Back
Top Bottom