With Deep Appreciation

bleujazz3

Fractal Fanatic
Watched the NCAA Championship Game with UConn vs. San Diego. Happy & humbly thankful for CBS Sports to air this game.

FINAL: UConn 76 / San Diego 59

Storrs, CT will be rocking tonight.

Last edited:
It was disappointingly non-competitive for me.
The local newscasters covering the game are having more fun than some of their crowd did tonight.

It was a bit worrisome when San Diego pulled within 8 points about the 4 minute mark, but 9 unanswered points by UConn sealed the deal. UConn Coach Hurley told the team "No more turnovers, and the championship is ours." True to form, UConn stepped up and held off the Chargers until the last 30 seconds when the entire place began celebrating.

TBH, I usually don't pay much attention to sports games, but being from CT myself, I felt that UConn earned their win this evening...

TBH, I usually don't pay much attention to sports games, but being from CT myself, I felt that UConn earned their win this evening...
I didn't have a preference; I just wanted a close game. UConn definitely slapped SD around the court.

I didn't have a preference; I just wanted a close game. UConn definitely slapped SD around the court.
Yup, the 4 minute mark was within 10 points. Hurley didn't flinch, but kept it together. Some of the fans got a little anxious, but UConn put points up as San Diego kept fouling. Some of the outside UConn 3-pointers were priceless, and what won the game...there were also the 3-pointers that would bounce out and would be turnovers...UConn just used the clock to their advantage...

Saw part of that game at Buffalo Wild Wings earlier this evening after spending $$$$ on laundry machines. Couldn't make out the name of the team trouncing SD from looking at the scores (saw "U*÷%&", so I knew it was college ball) and didn't care enough about basketball to put my glasses back on. At least I recognized it was basketball.... :D

Saw part of that game at Buffalo Wild Wings earlier this evening after spending $$$$ on laundry machines. Couldn't make out the name of the team trouncing SD from looking at the scores (saw "U*÷%&", so I knew it was college ball) and didn't care enough about basketball to put my glasses back on. At least I recognized it was basketball.... :D
If you're not into following college hoops, you're not missing much. I'm typically not a fan myself, expect that UConn made it to the finals this year, and glory be, won the title.
I hope all of the advertisers are able to monetize their investment.
There were a ton of car dealership advertisements I noticed. That, and the new yellow iPhone. Other than that, most all else was for new movies.

I coulda watched the old codgers at our apartments play pinochle.

Instead, I felt the "hand holding mine" and said to myself, "Thanks, I'm good."

Last edited:
Update:
UConn Men's team will be arriving at 3 PM from Houston via jet, and will be welcomed home by local fans. The entourage will makes it way back to the Storrs campus via bus and will celebrate with their fellow UConn Huskies until wee hours of the morning tomorrow. This is only UConn's 5th national men's title since 1999. Storrs, CT is hometown to University of Connecticut.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom