Wish: Virtual Capo block (or second Pitch block)

Deadpool_25

Fractal Fanatic
I’d like to be able to use a Virtual Capo up front and also a dual detune later in the chain. I’m guessing a VC block would be less CPU intense than a second Pitch block?

Of course it seems like just adding a 2nd instance of Pitch block would be much simpler to implement on Fractal’s end but I’ve no idea if it’s used a a differentiating factor from the III to the FM9 (and FM3).

In the meantime I’ll be adding a DC7 and a Drop to the board which is fine too. :)

P.S. Regardless of if this ever happens, I fracking LOVE Fractal!

+1 I’m in a similar situation. A second pitch block would be very useful.
I have rig with a detuner in parallel after the cab. I would like to have also a whammy pedal on top of the chain but actually this seems not to be possible . Please add a second pitch block 🙏😄

For the current time you all should check out Moke’s gift of tone
The Magic moving pitch block
While it not adding a second block it does allow you the ability to have a single pitch block be in both before and after the amp through some creative routing

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...y-and-wish-him-a-happy-birthday-dec-8.189656/
Awesome preset. Just brilliant. Won't quite work for me as I want to use VC and dual detune at the same time. Only because I don't want to use multiple guitars and playing everything a half step down seems way too logical 😂

+1 This is why I have a Drop and Mosaic (a Freqout too because it's fun) in front of my FM9. I'm contemplating putting a Nano POG in there too. Maybe use In/Out 3 for it. I like POG sounds before my drives and dual detune somewhere after my amps.

+1 I’ve got a preset to play synth sounds using the pitch block but need to transition straight into regular guitar sounds half step down without changing presets. And with only two songs in our set list half step down it’d be nice to just use the VC

+1

I like having a Whammy available in every lead preset I have, but if I'm using the VC to tune down (or up) then I don't get to go screechy screechy and my safety blanky isn't available.

+1

I like having a Whammy available in every lead preset I have, but if I'm using the VC to tune down (or up) then I don't get to go screechy screechy and my safety blanky isn't available.
Ya something something simple like the IR block but just for drop tuning purposes maybe 1 or 2 semitones down limit
Yek had suggested a global capo which would be cool that you could just set the EB or D and assign to control switch

Ya something something simple like the IR block but just for drop tuning purposes maybe 1 or 2 semitones down limit
Yek had suggested a global capo which would be cool that you could just set the EB or D and assign to control switch
I remember my kemper stage being Able to pitch shift down a half step from a system or global setting; rather, it didn’t need to be added as it’s own effect block

I’d like to be able to use a Virtual Capo up front and also a dual detune later in the chain. I’m guessing a VC block would be less CPU intense than a second Pitch block?

Of course it seems like just adding a 2nd instance of Pitch block would be much simpler to implement on Fractal’s end but I’ve no idea if it’s used a a differentiating factor from the III to the FM9 (and FM3).

In the meantime I’ll be adding a DC7 and a Drop to the board which is fine too. :)

P.S. Regardless of if this ever happens, I fracking LOVE Fractal!
Try this block. I put all by itself in this preset. It's a Plex-Delay block setup to mimic the 'Dual Detune' model in the Pitch block.

Just copy and paste it into your preset. An/or add it to your block library and then pull it up in any preset from there.

Attachments

• Moke's Plex-Delay 'Detuner'.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Try this block. I put all by itself in this preset. It's a Plex-Delay block setup to mimic the Detune model in the Pitch block.

Just copy and paste it into your preset. An/or add it to your block library and then pull it up in any preset from there.
Thanks for posting! Gonna check it out when I get home later :D

Back
Top Bottom