WISH: Value is different color when set to default

Rich G.

Experienced
Most of the time I just play with BMTP when adjusting amp values. Sometimes I play with the advanced parameters, but then promptly forget which ones I've changed. It would be nice if the default value were green and then changed values were shown in white.

suggestion: how about a dot on the dial... or two.

1. indicating the default value if the current value isn't the default value.
2. indicating the saved value if the current value isn't the saved value [if the preset has been saved, i.e. not new] and isn't the same as the default value.

Set-able via a pop-up/context menu on each control [right-click]

Set "[control name]" to default value
Set "[control name]" to saved value

I would really like an indicator like this in Axe-Edit that shows whether any parameter has been moved from default. I'd also like a way to set a parameter to default, like option-click, double-click or something similar.

I actually was coming here to post similar. I would love if any non default advanced parameters would change color. Then double clicking the dial should bring back default for that amp model. Many times I have tweaked advanced stuff and then an improvement comes along and I am not sure I need it any more. By then I don't remember all that I have tweaked.

My problem is I have a several heavily tweaked presets that sound really good but have non-default advanced parameters (because I'm copping a cover song tone that was done with different guitar/pickups than mine).

When new firmware comes out, I often start over. But that isn't always faster, with some it's a real pain recapturing what I had without writing everything down (with these presets, not the rest of mine). If I could just see at a glance which parameters are non-default, and be able to reset them to default one at a time to see if it's an improvement, that'd be fast and convenient vs. full redial.

Plus in the process, the user learns what they've changed and how far it is from default. IMO, this works in everyone's interest.

Back
Top Bottom