WISH - Tuner to toggle with an external switch

Add another yes vote for this feature, as well as tap tempo.

Woah. Did you say “champing?” Too cool. Almost nobody knows it’s not “chomping.”

Grammarcop out.

As a fellow grammar cop, I salute you for teaching me something I didn't know. I'd always heard "chomping" and simply followed suit.

Reactions: Rex
Has there been any resolution to this? Would love this to be contollable via external switch. Did my due diligence researching and it appears that there has been no change that I can find (please correct me if I'm wrong). Adding my +1

Has there been any resolution to this? Would love this to be contollable via external switch. Did my due diligence researching and it appears that there has been no change that I can find (please correct me if I'm wrong). Adding my +1
Without switch ports on the FC6/FC12 (Stand-In Switch like Chris describes above) or a MIDI device I don't think it can be done. The PEDAL options are still absent from the Tuner in the MIDI/Remote menu.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. The Stand-In Switch solution works well! Thank you Chris - excellent video.

I'm using an external switch and the tuner is on the hold function on the FC-6 layout. Interestingly it works fine when I tap it. I cannot get the tap function assigned to the switch to work (tap tempo). I suspect it has something to do with the external switch type? Normally open vs. closed maybe?

Stand in switch.

Chris - I messed with this for a bit more and am having a bit of touble still. I would like this external switch to stand-in for both the tuner and tempo like the FC switch does (tempo on tap and tuner on hold). This switch I have is a momentary normally open switch and is the one I used with the MFC. The FC manual says any switch will work with no specification to switch type.

While it is functioning for the tuner... it appears that this is because it is in a constant hold state and when I "tap" the external switch, the hold disengages and reengages causing the tuner to start. Holding the external switch does nothing. If I hold the external switch down, release and hold quickly, it generates the tap signal. Essentially confirming that the switch is functioning backwards.

Searched everywhere for a solution/switch setting, etc. and can't seem to find an answer to this. Thoughts? I was hoping the FC would detect the switch type as it powers on.

Thanks!

There is an option in the FC Controllers menu to reverse the switch polarity. I'd try that and see if it fixes things.

Back
Top Bottom