Wish: Trigger FC layout change on preset load

Chad Beattie

Experienced
Kind of like layout links, but for cases when you can’t use a layout link....

The idea would be to assign an FC Layout to a preset. When that preset is loaded, the FC changes to the specific layout you assigned.

Useful in cases such as changing presets via the following methods:
1. Axe-Fx front panel value knob
2. MIDI commands

Or maybe you want to increment to the next preset in your set and land on the looper layout first. And the next song starts on the effects layout. Etc...

Last edited:
Isn't this essentially a per-preset layout selection? I seem to remember that already being a wish, but will add a +1 here also in case I missed something ee-nuque up there in the description....

Isn't this essentially a per-preset layout selection? I seem to remember that already being a wish, but will add a +1 here also in case I missed something ee-nuque up there in the description....

Sort of. And I could be missing something very obvious here. But let me provide an example of a problem I was trying to solve. I was helping someone setup their Axe-Fx which they have three main uses for it:
1. Full Band
Custom full band layout for a handful of presets (Layout 7)​
2. Acoustic
Custom layout (Layout 8) for a few presets along with the looper layout (Layout 5)​
3. Worship
Several presets that use the 'SCENES' layout (Layout 2)​

The Axe-Fx is setup to have Layout 2 for the Startup Layout. But when they have an acoustic gig and need it to start with Layout 8, they would have to manually change the curent layout. Then doing the Full band setup, have to change the layout again. Instead of making every single preset a per-preset layout, it would be nice to re-use most of the general layouts that we came up with. If you could have a preset select the 'current layout' this would solve the problem.

Now as I was typing this, I think I figured out a work around which basically uses the master layout concept. I created a 'Startup Layout' that simply has:
FULL BAND
ACOUSTIC
WORSHIP

When the Axe-Fx loads, the FC will preset only three options. They pick based on the gig and it will send them over to the proper layout needed. If they pick the wrong one, they can just power cycle the Axe-Fx and start over.

For some reason I still think having the preset be able to change the current layout on load would be a good option to have also :)

I use my FAMC LF Jr like this (with my II). When I switch to preset layout, once I select a preset, it auto switches the layout to effects layout.

If they pick the wrong one, they can just power cycle the Axe-Fx and start over.

WHOA! Totally unnecessary. If you put the startup layout on the MLM's 2nd page's slots, you could just trigger the MLM & pick the layout there. No need to cycle it.

Back
Top Bottom