Wish : second press footswitch behavior

fractalz

Power User
I recently used some features of the MFC to create secondary footswitch behavior and would like to see this in the AX8.

The two I used most were :

- second press of footswitch dials up a different scene (think of a rhythm preset toggling to a lead, and then back again)

- second press of a footswitch recalls previous scene (think of a lead scene going back to wherever you came from)

These were very useful for quick changes on a dark stage. I just pressed the currently lit button to get the other scene I programmed. No need to move my foot.

- second press of footswitch dials up a different scene (think of a rhythm preset toggling to a lead, and then back again)

- second press of a footswitch recalls previous scene (think of a lead scene going back to wherever you came from)
The MFC does these things? How did you set it up?

It was discussed in the thread below. Matt gave me some additional help offline. It ended up requiring deep MFC editing and using custom preset mapping.

I may be able to post a more complete rundown of this method and my Green Day patches next week.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/patch-scene-change-on-ia.116488/
Got it. I just want to clarify for people who might be unfamiliar:

The MFC inherently doesn't have a "previous scene" function when you press the same Scene switch a 2nd time. What the OP has done was completely customize each Preset switch manually. The function he is using specifically is a PRESET switch function.

Because he manually created switches where Preset Switch 1 went to P1S1 and Preset Switch 2 went to P1S2 (for example), he was therefore able to use the Preset Switch functions of "BAK" or "ALT" or "Global." Those options in the MFC are not available to Scene switches.

So this isn't really an "apples to apples" feature comparison/wish. It's a great wish, but I just don't want people thinking the MFC does that stuff normally.

Got it. I just want to clarify for people who might be unfamiliar:

The MFC inherently doesn't have a "previous scene" function when you press the same Scene switch a 2nd time. What the OP has done was completely customize each Preset switch manually. The function he is using specifically is a PRESET switch function.

Because he manually created switches where Preset Switch 1 went to P1S1 and Preset Switch 2 went to P1S2 (for example), he was therefore able to use the Preset Switch functions of "BAK" or "ALT" or "Global." Those options in the MFC are not available to Scene switches.

So this isn't really an "apples to apples" feature comparison/wish. It's a great wish, but I just don't want people thinking the MFC does that stuff normally.

Yeah. But, deep editing is my new normal ;)

Back
Top Bottom