Wish - RTA in Axe-Edit

ConnorGilks

Experienced
I know a real time frequency analyzer is just not possible on the AxeFX itslef because the screen is such a low resolution, but I think putting one into Axe-Edit would be immensely helpful. It's much easier than trying to route the AxeFX signal into your DAW, or having to buy a DAW in order to use a RTA.

It would make it so much easier to find any resonances you want to get rid of, or even help you see what some of the parameters in the AxeFX translate to (although Cliff and Matt have both stated details of parameters in freq when applicable, every now and then).

Maybe I'm the only one that would find it handy, but thought I'd at least throw the idea out there. :)

Interesting idea. Many of us are using FRFR systems, so using an RTA would allow us to address the frequency curve as an objective measurement / expectation of what will be delivered.

Bumping this.

For anyone that is into recording and production, this would be super helpful and could help retain customers, as people (producers, mixers, recording hobbyists) are dumping this using for amp sims as they are easier to work with.

it seems possible given that the whole IR thing seems to live in the frequency domain. My guess is that the IR capture does this already as it compares a clean signal to a processed one and determines the response function, which is like a more complicated (complex) fourier transform.

Back
Top Bottom