WISH: Please implement a global preset option like on the MFC101

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
How about the option to have any patch or scene have a quick hit secondary option for Global Preset. I use this ALL THE TIME on my MFC101 and would like the new unit to have this. Pretty please....with algorithms on top!

I hadn't ever used the global preset option with the MFC-101, but after reading your wish I am going to set up the first button on all 8 layouts to go to my main preset when I press and hold. I'm not sure if I'll use it but it's there if I need it, and I always know how to get to it quickly.

How about the option to have any patch or scene have a quick hit secondary option for Global Preset. I use this ALL THE TIME on my MFC101 and would like the new unit to have this. Pretty please....with algorithms on top!

If I’m thinking correctly, this is a “short cut” which could be configured as a user defined master layout? Is that the idea? Never used the MFC...

If I’m thinking correctly, this is a “short cut” which could be configured as a user defined master layout? Is that the idea? Never used the MFC...
No.

The global preset is a way to jump to a specific preset any time you press a preset but a second time in succession.

For example, with global preset set to 40 and button #1 assigned as preset 1:

• Press button #1
  • Axe Fx changes to preset 1
  • Press button #1
  • Axe Fx changes to preset 40
  • Press button #1
  • Axe Fx changes to preset 1
Now, this could be done by setting every preset button as preset toggle function BUT that doesn't really work if you want to use the "select in bank" mode.

This was often used to have quick access to a solo preset. It allows you to jump to and from a solo preset quickly without moving your foot between buttons.

The MFC also had "alternate preset" functionality, which is pretty much the same as toggle by number.

In the thread where this wish originated, I actually proposed that it could be expanded to include a more general "second tap" function that could be used to revert a preset to it's saved state. With midi controllers this will happen on a second press of the same preset button unless Ignore Redundant PC is set to ON.

That would be a useful feature for cases where maybe you've changed various IA states in different scenes and just want a "reset".

I need to test, as it's possible the FC already honors to the value of Ignore Redundant PC.

I guess I'm just surprised. They deemed it cool enough to make that available on the mfc101, but are not implementing that on a device that is more flexible? I get that not everyone would use it. But then again, not everyone wants to choose tube types in the amp block.... But it's there. Oh well.

I guess I'm just surprised. They deemed it cool enough to make that available on the mfc101, but are not implementing that on a device that is more flexible? I get that not everyone would use it. But then again, not everyone wants to choose tube types in the amp block.... But it's there. Oh well.
True, but the MFC was developed a long time ago, and most people have not only never used the Global Preset, but they don't even know the feature exists.

I used it for a while... But ultimately it didn't work for me.

There are lots feature requests for the FC that more common use cases.

Plus there are ways to get similar results on the FC, it just takes some work.

True, but the MFC was developed a long time ago, and most people have not only never used the Global Preset, but they don't even know the feature exists.

I used it for a while... But ultimately it didn't work for me.

There are lots feature requests for the FC that more common use cases.

Plus there are ways to get similar results on the FC, it just takes some work.

No I get it. I just happened to love and use that function all the time. To me it is just like why not put that in as an option? All good and maybe they will sometime.

Back
Top Bottom