Wish: Names for scenes in mfc

I reckon it's not easy to fit in the axe itself, but it should be doable to implement it for the mfc.

Scenes are a great future, but I'm guessing there are other people like me who have very different sounds for scenes in each of their presets, it can get confusing. A little reminder as you press your scene switch (more than scene #) would be a great asset.

Please react if you agree!

in the MFC I named some IA's so when I switch from scene 'riff' to scene2 'solo' I see the word solo briefly flash up on the MFC screen

in the MFC I named some IA's so when I switch from scene 'riff' to scene2 'solo' I see the word solo briefly flash up on the MFC screen

But then they are the same for every preset right?
Not much point then in my case. Its because i have very different sounds for each preset that im in need for names.

I don't think this is an MFC feature, but more of an Axe feature. After all, preset names get transmitted aswell.

Made a thread about this matter in the Axe wishlist forum here: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-wish-list/80350-preset-names-scene-names.html

I suggested on the mfc because i guess its much easier to implement, no special change in display, just squeeze in the memory and one more line on the menu. From what i know, from a programming point of view, seems doable.
Scene names inside the axe would mean whole new menu pages and i doubt they wanna do that.
:)

I've got some songs to play that have 8 different scenes, and others that have 8 yet completely different scenes, with only the main sound in common. MESS! :?

One way to see clear would be to have one mfc for each song. haha.

ahhh… of course…
so in your case, misc1 thru misc8 just ain't gonna cut it…

seriously, I can see a good need for scene names even if they just 'flash' up like the IA names you can assign
kinda give you a little warm glowy feeling that you're in the right place before you start making noises..

EDIT: here's a thought for ya…
is it worth [in your case], making more variant presets that have more in common overall and fewer scenes that are different?
so for example, scenes 1 thru 4 are the same everywhere, and the next 2 or so scenes are the differences
it may be less to remember during performance [with respect to the gig you play with your feet]

Thats where i am now, trying to organise it the best i can. Thing is i also need to get my most used sounds for each song in scene 1to4 anyway
As i need to keep them on first row. Im not much of a wedding player you see, can get pretty aggressive on stage and feel like an idiot when stopping to find switch number 13 haha. Needs to be super quick, no time to think, especially when i sing at same time.
I moved my tuner/mute to swith 5 too, handy.
Also most stages can get too dark at times to actually see my labels.

Back
Top Bottom