[Wish] Forum feature to make threads read-only

ChristThePhone

Fractal Fanatic
Maybe it's just me but I find it rather annoying that some threads are spammed by useless comments making the useful information harder to find. Mostly sticky threads and news. I wish the OP could mark a thread open for discussion or read-only.

Mods can close and/or sticky any thread they want already. If you think a thread is close-worthy you can always report it with a note. There’s a report button on every post.

So basically not a discussion forum any more but instead just a bunch of “editorial” post by anyone without the option for anyone else to contribute? Sounds awful mate.

Essentially, here’s what I think and as I don’t care what anyone else thinks I don’t want to even them post....geez

So basically not a discussion forum any more but instead just a bunch of “editorial” post by anyone without the option for anyone else to contribute? Sounds awful mate.

Essentially, here’s what I think and as I don’t care what anyone else thinks I don’t want to even them post....geez
Couldn't have put it better than that. :)

Maybe it's just me but I find it rather annoying that some threads are spammed by useless comments making the useful information harder to find. Mostly sticky threads and news. I wish the OP could mark a thread open for discussion or read-only.
Maybe consider contributing to the wiki? It's a less cluttered place for aggregating useful information over time and anyone can sign up for an account and contribute to it. It doesn't support long discussions and is highly focused on being a way to collect information, not debate it.

Back
Top Bottom