WISH: Execute a 2nd Function per switch- RESOLVED

ethomas1013

Fractal Fanatic
I'm aware of using the Hold function to get two separate functions assigned to one switch. This is a wish to add a second function to the Tap button assignment.

Example:
Tap Function 1 = Preset +1
Tap Function 2 = Layout 3

In this example, the idea is to change presets, and then automatically switch to another layout (such as the Scenes layout, or the Effects layout). The functions would be executed in the order assigned. I'm sure there are many other ways this could be used, such as one button press turns on or off two effects (probably best accomplished with a Scene).

I didn't see any way to automatically accomplish multiple steps in the manual. Please let me know if I missed something.

On the FC-6, adding a 2nd function could save some tap-dancing. I'm not sure if FC-12 users would find this useful since they have more switches available per layout, I guess they will have to chime in if they see some value.

This probably has limited appeal and may only be useful when changing Presets of Scenes to automatically go to another page. I use to use a Liquid Foot controller that allowed programming multiple steps per button.

Does anyone else think this would be useful?

Last edited:
Yes, the Layout Link is your friend here. From what I remember, you can't see this option from the EZ Setup page. So make sure you actually go to a layout, select the switch and the "Edit Switch" parameter. From there you'll see the Layout Link Function. Works great!

I accomplished this by customizing my scenes page by assigning the following hold functions
Preset +1
preset -1
Tuner

To the top 3 button on my fc6

The bottom 3 button are my most common scenes, if a preset needs more than 3 I will also use the top row as well.

This is how I plan to do live gigs with one fc6 layout. I will get to test this Friday night

Back
Top Bottom