[Wish] Axe-Edit

simonp54

Experienced
@yek confirmed that Axe-Edit processes "defaults" in the following manner...

"Axe-Edit depends fully on the hardware. When defaulting a block it polls the hardware for the default data for the entire block. It doesn't work that way when defaulting a single parameter, for example within the AMP block. In that case Axe-Edit sets the parameter to a default value, which may not the default value for that specific amp model. That's just the way it is. To see what the specific value should be, just re-select the amp model / effect type."

It would be much more useful (to me) to have a preference setting which would "discover" the hardware block default for a single parameter and then set the parameter to that default rather than "a different default" which becomes meaningless to me at that point.

What I mean is, to me, double clicking a single parameter is the user requesting that the single parameter be set to the default value for that specific block and model (e.g. Class A 30 TB, High Cut). Setting it to some other default is rather unhelpful to me.

When defaulting a single parameter , AE asks the AxeFX to default the single parameter .
If this value is not what you'd expect , it's an Axefx problem only. . .

When defaulting a single parameter , AE asks the AxeFX to default the single parameter .
If this value is not what you'd expect , it's an Axefx problem only. . .
@AlGrenadine it appears @yek doesn't agree with this understanding of "how it works". I know you understand the protocol between a slave software and the axefx because of your work with rac12 and fractool. But it appears that Axe-Edit does not perform this "request value from axefx" process. It would be really useful if it did.

Al knows more about this than I do. But regardless of whether AE polls this from the hardware or not, the result is the same: in many cases the default for a single parameter is not the same as the default for the specific amp/effect type.

Al knows more about this than I do. But regardless of whether AE polls this from the hardware or not, the result is the same: in many cases the default for a single parameter is not the same as the default for the specific amp/effect type.
It appears to be polled yes but you exactly described what happens , so it's an Axefx issue if it's an issue. . .

It appears to be polled yes but you exactly described what happens , so it's an Axefx issue if it's an issue. . .
so what are we saying?

-----
AE polls unit for single paramter default
AFX returns default for single parameter
AE sets control to default parameter
-----

and a specific...
-----
AE polls unit for "PREAMP HARDNESS"
AFX returns "a default value" not associated with the current selected BLOCK sub type... aka 0.00
AE sets control to 0.00
-----

but when doing a "block reset to defaults" action...

-----
AE polls/asks AFX to reset block to default
AE polls for current values of block
AE displays returned values
-----

so the WISH is that AFX should return the correct default value for the current BLOCK and SUB TYPE (e.g. Class A 30 TB - PREAMP HARDNESS)
rather than returning a default value for PREAMP HARDNESS (which is not model specific) aka 0.00

AFX = AxeFX
AE = Axe-Edit

Back
Top Bottom