WISH: Axe-Edit DAW Plugin

ConnorGilks

Experienced
Having an Axe-Edit plugin I could insert on individual guitar tracks would be awesome, as it would allow me to switch to a track, open that instance of Axe-Edit, and it will automatically recall the last settings you used on that track. You open the plugin, and it'll either automatically change your AxeFX II to those settings, or perhaps opening it would do nothing (allowing you to just VIEW settings), and you'd have a button you could press to change the AxeFX to those settings.

This would allow a user to recall settings quickly and easily, without even needing to save patches or jump around to find them. This is especially helpful in the long term, when you pull up an old session and go "Man, I wish I still had that patch I used on this rhythm tone", as it would be saved within the plugin instance, and you wouldn't need to deal with backing up presets or overwriting them, or tweaking them over time etc.

Many people may not see a point, but if you use the AxeFX II for reamping/recording this would really help speed up workflow and save you from having to constantly save tons of presets per song (I usually have anywhere from 3-15 different guitar sounds for a mix), or write down notes about your settings. Saving presets is there for a reason, yes, but this removes the need to constantly keep track of, categorize, and back up every guitar sound you use when recording, especially in the long term.

+1

I've mentioned this a number of times for a number of years now. Not sure the Fractal team wants to hear it again. But if they do....please God please. I'm begging you, save my settings with my Daw project. :)

That would be cool actually !
I had an eleven rack, and this was one of the biggest points to have one.
It was embedding the settings in each track recorded with it, so it was just a question of right clicking the track, and the preset was loaded directly into the eleven.
So, i guess that, if Avid can do it, that shouldn't be a big deal for fractal !

+100
The only explanation for axedit not being available as a plugin that I can think of is: nobody at fractal audio does much recording.

Last edited:
I've got a big folder myself, but I find it to be a bit of an annoyance, especially if I forget to write down the extras like what firmware I was using, for example. Plus then I've got to deal with going back and forth between multiple windows.

I should also mention that when tweaking a tone, I can't just hit Spacebar to pause or restart playback, or else the music keeps playing and instead it just turns off the last block I was tweaking. It happens constantly!

Last edited:
G'day,

I also had the elevenrack and thought it was a sensational feature. In the fullness of time however (cue the slow violin)....It wouldn't have been much use with the Axe FX (besides bringing up the right preset).
Why?...
With the Eleven Rack... they just never updated the Firmware (besides a crappy paid for update that just gave you some new noises - a valid reason for me never to purchase from Avid again....updatable firmware?.. yeah - if updates are supplied!). So... If you came back to a track after a year, sent the midi to Eleven Rack to bring up the originally recorded settings, that's what would come up.
With the Axe FX, the changes come thick and fast - always for the better. I'm very confident that bringing up preset 101 with the same settings a year later would give me a different beast. I'll currently sometimes name guitar tracks with the preset name so I can bring it up later, or export the preset and save it within the project directory.

Even with all the above, it'd still be a fun feature.

Thanks
Pauly

Back
Top Bottom