Wish: Access Preset by Number from FC12

atquinn

Power User
This exists on other footpedals and I have found it can come in handy.
The idea is you have a utility function for preset number (or something similarly named). When you activate this it changes your footpedals to digits (0-9) and an enter button. So if you're on preset 399 and you want to go to preset 03, instead of banking until the end of time, you access preset number mode and tap one of the following:
1. 0 0 3
2. 3 Enter
3. 0 3 Enter

If you wanted to access, say preset 152, you would just tap 1 5 2. If you wanted to access preset 29, you would tap 0 2 9 or 2 9 Enter. You get the idea.

Very useful and easy to use. At least on an FC12. For an FC6, you'd have to come up with a slightly different entry system (maybe numbers 0-4 on tap, 5-9 on hold and one dedicated Enter button), but I don't see why that should prevent it from being done on at least the FC12.

Austin

Last edited:
Sounds like more work that its' worth. First you have to activate this function, then you have to tap in the digits. A lot of tapping.
I arrange my presets to be close to each other now to keep tapping to a minimum.

Sounds like more work that its' worth. First you have to activate this function, then you have to tap in the digits. A lot of tapping.
I arrange my presets to be close to each other now to keep tapping to a minimum.
that said, it's more work to get from Preset 1 to Preset 300 on the FC only with the current implementation. you have to press the Preset Up button 299 times, or use Banks which still yield a lot of presses.

the suggested method is on several other midi controllers and works well.

i think the current method of jumping large numbers of presets though is to use the Front Panel of the Axe3. Page Right from the Home screen, then Nav to the desired preset and press Enter.

it is common practice with the Axe to move presets closer to each other when possible.

Back
Top Bottom