WISH: Able to reverse 5 patch/10 IA to 10 IA/5 patch.

Tommy Tequila

Experienced
I use the 5 patch, 10 IA pedalboard mode, and think it would be great if we could shift the 5 patch switches to the top row instead of the bottom. I tend to switch patches between songs, but am turning effects off/on a lot during a performance, and it is very easy to accidentally hit a patch switch in addition to an IA switch. Needless to say, this can have a detrimental effect when you go to hit the boost on your Marsha patch for a screaming solo, but end up also accidentally switching to a clean Deluxe.

Having the most common 5 IA/Effects on the bottom would make it MUCH easier to treat it like a regular pedal board while playing. Yeah, reveal does that, but I don't want to have to remember to be constantly toggling that off/on.

Thanks,
TT

Bump -- still got my fingers (toes and eyes) crossed that some day this might happen.

It's a pain to accidentally change patches instead of just toggling an IA when running back to the MFC during a song...

Thanks,
TT

While we're at it, include the option also for the 10 patch 5 IA mode which probably will be available also as a consequence if FAS provides this in an update.

Its really very great and amazing the information and this can have a detrimental effect when you go to hit the boost on your Marsha patch for a screaming solo, but end up also accidentally switching to a clean Deluxe. thanks for sharing the information.

Just gimme the front row for IA (without reveal), please!

My pref is 10 IA/5 patch as stated above, it doesn't seem like it would be too hard to do unless there are actual wiring limitations...

TT

Add me to the list. I also find having the Tap Tempo switch in the top row difficult to hit consistently there. Why not let us arrange things where we want them? Why do there have to be limitations on what we can assign any of the switches to? Let each switch be programmable to send CC or PC messages (or any other option). I would like to have one switch in the bottom row do the Tap Tempo, and the other four to do IA's, then the second row be patch changes, and then the top row be lesser used IA's. Why not?

now that MFC fw: 2.11 is out..
can we resurrect this MFC wish???

Question to FAS - is it a real serious design / implementation item to make the preset / IA switches either reversable?
or better still configurable???

I was wondering if a cool solution could be adding a 'switch type' option where you could choose between 'none', 'preset' or 'IA' for each switch
where:
- 'none' is the default and the regular preset / IA config controls the config
- 'preset' and 'IA' options over-ride the default config method and essentially means that you can have any of the switches set to a preset or an IA
that way you could completely customise your MFC layout on a per switch basis..

Echoed! FAS?

Btw....could live without it..... but would sure as hell make switching IAs & presets a heck of a lot easier! ....and fun for that matter!

it'd be cool if someone from FAS could comment on this..
like is it possible / not possible and if they'd consider having a crack at developing this...

cos if the answer is an absolute no I'll go get me another FS-6
if the answer is "we are / intend to look into it", then I'll hold out and not waste the $$ on an FS-6

silence is generally non-commital

not saying you can, but not saying you can't
not saying you will, but not saying you won't

kinda frustrating this....
what's the chances that as soon as I make the order for another FS-6 FAS reply and say it's under development... lol..
cos then I'll have two FS-6's I won't need... including a brand new shiny one...

Back
Top Bottom