Wish: a better way to link set numbers to song numbers

yek

Contact Fractal for your Custom Title
On the MFC you can create songs, consisting of preset switches. These songs can then assigned to sets.

What's very confusing is that the assigned numbers of the songs are different (between programmed songs and setlist songs) while both have "Song..." in front of the name. This makes it very difficult to adjust stuff on the fly.

It's very difficult to explain but easy to discover / experience when working in Song and Set mode.
Hopefully I can explain it by giving an example.

Let's say "Song017" is programmed like this: switch 1 = Preset 10.
Song017 has been named: "My Song" (in Song mode).
Song017 has been added to Set 1, where it's the 3rd song on the list (which makes it "Song003" in Set mode).

I'm performing in Set mode, and I scroll to "Song003 My Song".
I press switch 1. This activates preset 10 on the Axe-Fx.
I'm thinking: "Hmm, I'd rather have it switch to preset 11".

At this point it'd quite natural to go to Edit > Song Mode, scroll to Song003 and change switch 1 from "10" to "11".
That would be an error, because it's Song017 that needs to be edited, not Song003! As the display doesn't indicate this, it's a mistake that's very easily made.

At this point I'd need to know to which programmed song number the 3rd song on the setlist (Song003) really is linked.
But there's no way to find this out easily. All I know is which Axe-Fx preset it switches to (of no use), and the name of the programmed song (My Song).

The only way to do this is:
Go to Edit > Song > Song Name, find "My Song" wherever it may be in the list (the list is not alphabetical), remember the associated song number, exit Song Name, enter Song editing, scroll to the song number, make the changes, exit Edit mode, press switch 1 again which switches to Axe-Fx preset 11. Sigh....

Wishes:
- differentiate between programmed songs and songs in the setlist by not using the same word ("Song...") or use the same number to avoid confusion.

Back
Top Bottom