Wiring advice - Preamp, AxeFX, Poweramp, Dual Line Mixer.

DBraz

Hi Guys,

I am new to AXE FX Ultra ownership, and I am enjoying the experience so far. I use it purely as an FX unit, the other functionality only ever being used for direct recording. My Axe Ultra replaced an Eventide FX unit that I used to run through a CAE Dual Line Mixer with my Mesa Rectifier preamp and then out to a Fryette 2:50:2 power amp. The Eventide used to run Killdry and was quite loud in the mix with the Mesa preamp, before being amplified, but easily adjusted.

The Axe FX, through the dual line mixer, is VERY QUIET in the mix compared to the Mesa preamp no matter what I seem to do.

Alternatively running without the CAE mixer from the outputs of my preamp, to the inputs of the Axe FX Ultra, and then in turn to my power amp inputs seems to be fine?

Is there something I am missing? If someone could guide me I would be very grateful. I attach a few pictures of the various inputs/outputs of my CAE Dual Line Mixer fro those who are not familiar with them. My intention was to keep as much of the preamp sound as analogue (as I am sure you have heard before). As I have the mixer, and it's a good one, it would be a shame not to use it!

137.jpg

130.jpg

Back
Top Bottom