Wireless input?

m lebofsky said:
Are you guys plugging your wireless outouts into the front based on theoretical improvements, or can you actually hear a positive change in your sound ?

IMO It sounds better in front

Sennheiser ew100 G2 in front, it's perfect for me.

At home sometimes I'm using a cable and there are only very small differences in sound and input-level between wireless and cable.

I asked the Q to Fractal:

From Fractal this morning:

The front input is conditioned to lower the noise floor when used with an electric guitar.
Depends on how much gain you use. If you're a high-gain player, i.e. death-metal, then the front input will give you less noise. If you're an old fart like me and play at classic rock gains then you probably won't notice a difference.

Using the front. I had to drill a hole in the wireless mount but other than that, the rack is neat and has had no failures with many miles in the cargo of airliners.

Mothersday2009008.jpg

I spent 2 hours front/back, back/front, etc, etc, etc.
The X2 into the front sounds a hair better, but also a hair brighter (yes the I/O is configured properly).
Assuming my mind wasn't playing tricks on me, it sounds a little more analogue.
Drilled a hole in the X2 mounting tab, ran 21" of cable, and I think I'm done with that project.

AKG 450 in the rear. Works fine. The difference isn't really an issue when using festival monitors anyway. The Guitarist is happy, the FOH is happy.

Back
Top Bottom