Windows 7 users. Connection issue

AaronB

To keep it short and sweet. I just got my axe and plugged it into the computer via USB (a cable that is fully functional by the way). Fired it up. Opened Axe edit and got nothing. I've tried installing the drivers found on g66 but to no avail. I'm not even sure where to begin. All I know is that the cable is working so the issue is either the drivers not installing properly or I haven't set up axe edit correctly. Any ideas?

When windows asks to look for a driver, bypass it and then restart axe edit and the axe again. You also need to set up axe edit and select the in/out ports. If all else fails, uninstall everything and reinstall.

Midi in/out set up correctly in axe edit?

What do you mean you opened it and got nothing? Did it load? Did it crash? Did it load up but not connect to the axe? Please be as specific as you can.

I made a very specific thread about this and then for whatever reason it didn't post so after exhausting myself typing the other one I decided to keep it short but here we go. When I first hooked it up windows started looking for drivers automatically. I didn't bypass that because with most devices I plug in, windows finds what its looking for and then I'm ready to go. My computer said something like "axefx2 drivers: failed" and right below that it said something like "axefx2 audio: installed". So that's when I proceeded into axe edit where I had nothing. Signal wise. It said "Status... Not connected". My computer recognizes the axe as an interface because in my control panel I can select it to default for my speakers. And no I don't believe I tinkered with the MIDI settings in axe edit. I'll try all of the suggestions you guys mentioned when I get off work in the morning. Just figured we might be able to sort this out so that when I do get home I can right at it. The help is greatly appreciated guys.

I had the same issue.. Here's what I found on the forum..
Go to your Axe-Edit
Click on Settings
Click on MIDI Settings
In the MIDI tab there will be MIDI Input: Change that to AXE-FX II MIDI Out You also need to change the MIDI Output to: AXE-FX II MIDI In "X" out of that window..
Now back to your Settings tab and clikck on Sync and Backup From here what I did is uncheck all box's and Hit Sync and then you can make changes... I'm sure there is a better way but this will get you started..

Reactions: jon
Back
Top Bottom