Windows 10 Kills For Audio

Did you not read?

Yes, and I clearly stated "you" can turn this off.

This is nothing new going on here... people have bought wireless routers through the years when they first came out, then realized you need to turn on the security. Next month it will be something else...

Yes, updated several boxes to 10 without issue... Sonar Producer X3 with PreSonous AudioBox 18VSL works and sound great!

MS nailed this deployment, very impressive for such an ambitious undertaking.

Awesome to hear. I'm a Sonar X3 Producer user as well. The last couple updates of Sonar had been pretty glitchy, so I'll be sticking with the last version and update I've found some stability on. Tempting to try the new OS.

Awesome to hear. I'm a Sonar X3 Producer user as well. The last couple updates of Sonar had been pretty glitchy, so I'll be sticking with the last version and update I've found some stability on. Tempting to try the new OS.

Bear mind... It's only been a couple of days. =:·)

Also, I haven't updated Sonar in while, I'm still running X3a (Build 211). But the box that I built is pretty robust, 64bit with 32 megs of ram and a i7 processor. Seems to be fairly stable with the extra headroom.

I'm thinking of going to the Platinum platform.

Someone kill this fucking thread. Please.

Jeez.

It started out great and was informative before Alex Jones reared his freaky li'l head...

If I wanted that type of shit I'd get on Facebook.

LOL!!!

These types of posts used to be the fuel that kept Harmony Central going all those years ago. :)

Also, I haven't updated Sonar in while, I'm still running X3a (Build 211). But the box that I built is pretty robust, 64bit with 32 megs of ram and a i7 processor. Seems to be fairly stable with the extra headroom.

Running Platinum here and the latest update (Gloucester - from a few days ago) was written to take advantage of new audio streaming in Windows 10.

And I'll be damned if it isn't über snappy however just started beating the hell out of it a few hours ago...

Crazy (and lucky). I have an i7 with 24 gb RAM and sonar was crashing all the time on update a. It kept crashing on each subsequent build until the most recent. A little temperamental still, but VASTLY improved.

Crazy (and lucky). I have an i7 with 24 gb RAM and sonar was crashing all the time on update a. It kept crashing on each subsequent build until the most recent. A little temperamental still, but VASTLY improved.

Windows 10 pretty much killed my internet capability on my laptop. The Wifi adaptor refused to work, and my ethernet one (which I use mostly anyway) worked for a few minutes then stopped. In the diver details it says no driver installed, but in advanced it says the driver is fine. If I go to update driver it says I have the most up to date driver. I have to disable the adaptor then re-enable (works 7 out of 10 times) or re-boot the laptop. This makes it work again - for about 5 minutes.

I factory reset my laptop back to Windows 7. Wont be going near W10 until the first service patch.

If you're running a personal WiFi network, you should restrict it to using the MAC addresses of your own devices, and ONLY those devices, blocking all others. Simple, effective, end of story.

Forging MAC addresses is a piece of cake. Most operating systems let you change your MAC address.
Filtering by MAC address is completely worthless.

Forging MAC addresses is a piece of cake. Most operating systems let you change your MAC address.
Filtering by MAC address is completely worthless.

Good luck guessing what MAC addresses are allowed in the router. That is the security part. Hackers have a better chance guessing the password than the MAC address.

I'll have to give it a try. I installed the free update since it was getting so many positive reviews. I primarily use it for games, but it is connected to a Presonus Live Mixer and is my backup/drum room computer. I couldn't get it to work the last time I tried to run Pro Tools 11, so it's worth giving it a try even if it's not my primary machine.

Yes, updated several boxes to 10 without issue... Sonar Producer X3 with PreSonous AudioBox 18VSL works and sound great!

MS nailed this deployment, very impressive for such an ambitious undertaking.

Is it possible to update from 7 to 10 basically as if doing a fresh install? I have a Windows 7 laptop that is running poorly and I think it just has to much garbage running in the background. I would like to back-up and format the drive and do a fresh W10 install and then add what I need back on.

I do not understand much about computers, but I am assailed by doubt;
What does the version of windows for sound?
That is, the guitar sound comes out the Axe Fx at the monitors.
I do not think windows improve or change the sound in some way.
However, to watch YouTube videos, listen to music on your PC, etc, then maybe yes, I do not dispute.
But I guess it must be also for the audio card built into PC.
I do not think the guitar and the Axe Fx sound better to have Windows 10 or Windows 7.
And also I have doubt, (for I also thought put Windows 10).
The software and plugins Do they work well with Windows 10?
That is, for example, Bias FX works on Windows 7 and Windows 8, but because it is made to work with these operating systems.
But to work with Windows 10, you should download a version of Bias Fx work with Windows 10, right ?.
I do not just mean Bias FX, I mean winrar, Axe Edit, and any software. These softwares should be prepared to work in Windows 10, right?
Well I have this doubt and I'm afraid to install Windows 10, and then not work at all.

Good luck guessing what MAC addresses are allowed in the router. That is the security part. Hackers have a better chance guessing the password than the MAC address.

MAC addresses are needed to deliver the (protected) packets, so it's just a matter to sniff the air!
No guesswork needed here.

MAC addresses are needed to deliver the (protected) packets, so it's just a matter to sniff the air!
No guesswork needed here.

No one is seeing that MAC filtering is the be-all-end-all of security. But it's another layer of security that can be deployed, with minimal effort. If someone is smart enough to start sniffing wireless packets for MAC addresses, then yes, they can perhaps defeat this method. That's why security is deployed in layers. None of these techniques should be the only one used.

Back
Top Bottom