Willie Gee on Fractal

muaddib

Inspired
Found this interview and had an part on Fractal, including kudos to @Admin M@ so I share to my follow knuckleheads forum users
What is the strangest or most challenging piece of gear you've had to work with?
Some people will laugh at this, but off the top of my head, I will have to say the Fractal Audio Axe FX series preamps - which I LOVE, but particularly when I first encountered them, around 2009-2010, it was a whole new thing for me, and I didn't have a chance to really delve into the workings and figure things out. We got them right before a tour and I basically had to try to learn how to work the thing at a few short rehearsals and while we were doing the shows. It was nearly impossible for me to do - being prepared for a show daily, while trying to learn the workings of it and create presets, at the same time. It took a long time. I had a LOT of help and advice from people like FAS' guru, Matt Picone, Dan Spitz (ex-Anthrax) and Devin Townsend. I think the Axe FX is the most cutting-edge, versatile guitar device probably for the past decade, easily.
The other challenge is the Evertune bridge. Still haven't figured it out, and thankfully I almost NEVER encounter the thing. NOT a fan.

More interesting stuff his experience in
the full interview

I like Billy but I have to say that it really bugs me that he constantly uses the "Royal we".

He almost never says "I".

Cool though, and props to @Admin M@ (I've seen his wizardry in person with Devin!)

Also surprised to see Devin name dropped by Billy Gibbons!

Back
Top Bottom