• Within a couple months of it's release

Votes: 81 11.8%
  • Within the year

Votes: 118 17.3%
  • More then a year

Votes: 95 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I won't be getting one. I have an Ultra on the way now. Maybe if I sell my Standard at some point. The standard will be great for home/studio use. My Ultra will be used for gigs.

I have hopefully three more custom Carvin guitars (about $4500) to get before I can get the Axe-Fx II and the MFC-101. I've had my Ultra for less than a year now and plan to use my Ultra until my guitar purchases are finished. I am not dissatisfied with my ULTRA in any way so I don't mind waiting, when I get the Axe-Fx II I'll have TWO Axe-fxs to go with my 5 axes - that will be really COOL!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to hear a direct comparison between the Ultra and the II.

I just bought my Ultra 3 weeks ago and yes, I am trying to sell to be able to buy an Axe Fx II...I can only hope that an Axe Fx II Ultra isn't around the bend...

You missed my option..

"As soon as it is available (hopefully under 6-8 months)"

I would still throw it into the as soon as it's available (1-2 weeks) category. I tagged one to two weeks onto that option just so people would know when it's coming out, in attempt to lower the amount of questions of 'when is it available?'

From Cliff's comments (something along the lines of: 'a big initial order and a bigger follow-on order if demand meets expectations') it would seem that the initial order will cover less than half of the anticipated demand. Possibly way less than half. And I'd say nobody is in a better position to estimate demand than Cliff, as he knows all the prior sales history. I hope his supply channel can turn around orders relatively quickly.

I've been waiting for 1 1/2 years to see if a new model would come out, so I'm definitely in. I'll probably wait through the initial rush & wait for the first firmware update.

From Cliff's comments (something along the lines of: 'a big initial order and a bigger follow-on order if demand meets expectations') it would seem that the initial order will cover less than half of the anticipated demand. Possibly way less than half. And I'd say nobody is in a better position to estimate demand than Cliff, as he knows all the prior sales history. I hope his supply channel can turn around orders relatively quickly.

I hope you're not right :(

Ever since i found out about the axe i've been saving. Fortunately every time I tried to buy an ultra it was out of stock or i ran into a problem being able to purchase one because of credit limits. Either way... im ready now and I sure as hell am hungry.

I reluctantly am going to pass on the axe fx II, and here's why. I just purchased my ultra 3 months ago, and it tonally surpasses everything I ever imagined, not to say there's things the II doesn't bring to the table that I wish the Ultra had. But... I instead will continue to be blown away by the capabilities of the Ultra, and IF it ever doesn't meet the needs I have, then and only then, I will consider the upgrade. On that note, I'm still in the market for a backup unit, and with that being said, I hope the Ultra continues to get support!

Not going to complain at the release. I'm exited for everyone else, and Fractal as a Company. Keep the genius going!!

Actually I am kind of pissed because I have not had GAS in a while and now I have GAS again. I have to say I will buy it. If there is any discount for a repeat customer I will buy sooner rather then later but doubt there will be LOL.
I will have to get rid of a Les paul I am not using to help fund it. I hate gasing again hate it hate it!

I’ll buy one as soon as they’re available in Australia - Cliff, please send some stock down here ASAP ! :D

I’ve owned an Ultra for about 8 months now and will keep it as backup.

Methinks this may be akin to a drug addiction. GAS is setting in...

Too bad I have a wedding to save for. Have already had thoughts of having one delivered to work and secretly installing it without my fiance noticing...

Please send enough stock to Australia, and IM, I love your work, but if you can keep the price around $2500, I'd really appreciate it.

TimmyM

My GAS was almost gone. I was thinking about getting a ultra in the near future and now this. I'm suffering from GAS again oh well

;) yeah I was quite happy with my GSP but now all the interface/usability issues I had with the Axe seem to have been resolved I'm GASsing hard

Cheers
Steve

Last edited:
New member, ling time lurker. I've been in the market for axefx for about a year now but just never pulled the trigger. I will deff buy the axe II as soon as its available.

As Soon as I can get one in the cart. Then I am gonna set it up next to my ultra play them both listen asses the value of the new features VS the gap in price (600 more then I paid for my ultra) If its worth it I will keep it and Maybe pass the ultra on. If not I will sell the AXE II.

Several months ago I said that the Ultra is so good that I have no need to upgrade, even if Cliff introduced a new version. While this is still true, given how awesome the new Axe-FX II looks (not just an Ultra with the addition of USB and a headphone jack), I will buy one as soon as there is stock available. That said, I definitely am not selling my Ultra until I physically get my hands on a new Axe-FX II, because if past experience is any indicator, it might be a while before there is sufficient stock to satisfy demand.

Axe FX II vs. ULTRA Continuing Fractal Support

I love my Ultra and my only concern relates to Fractal continuing to support those of us that cannot or will not go and upgrade to Axe FX II. Consider the plummet in value such a thing as this may do if everyone on here did just that. I just bought it 5 months ago.

I welcome Tom King or Cliff Chase commenting here officially about the continuing support we all expect. By the way the number of Ultra's on Ebay is staggering

Back
Top Bottom