will this Power amp work

Whether its loud enough depends entirely on how your band plays. for me, 200watts bridged would be more than loud enough.

For that cab, it looks like it has the two jacks on the left marked "split for stereo", so plug one side of the amp into each plug. Each plug will have 4 ohms so you'd want that impedance switch thing on the Carvin set appropriately. Do NOT use the two plugs marked in and out both from the poweramp, that would be bad. You won't get any real stereo separation running stereo into one cab though.

Make sure you research other poweramps too like the ART SLA-1 and SLA-2, the Rocktron Velocity 300, etc on this forum. The Carvin has the weight advantage, but I don't know how much review there is of it yet. The Rocktron is working great for me and has extra controls for tuning your sound that I find useful.

That amp will work just don't exspect a ton of headroom out of it when using it in stereo. Your cleans will start to "clip" the amp if run to loud, this is a bad thing and the main reason when running a SS power amp to use 3-5 times the wattage of a 50-100 watt tube head to get the same headroom in SS.

I haven't used the Carvin amp yet and there has been mention about how low end switch mode power amps have a top end harshness to them. If a super lite amp is the order then the Carvin will work but if your playing through a 412 and are expecting to move your pant legs I would look to a higher wattage poweramp.

The SLA-2 seams to be enough, at least for most here that are using it and can be had for the same money as the carvin $269.00 free ship here http://cgi.ebay.com/ART-SLA-2-sla2-200W ... 674wt_1167.

Back
Top Bottom