Bug? Will the recording latency ever get fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact it seems so low priority is a real shame.

I think those of us who have put down a lot of money on a unit expecting at least competent performance as a USB interface are justified in expecting a fix and it's gutting to feel left behind compared to the other two units in the Fractal lineup.

Of cause this could be better, personally I don't mind. When recording in studio (the very rare times this actually happens) I just go direct to the mixing console and no issue, at home via USB I mostly record guitar tracks only and eventually shift the track when combined with other tracks. Not an issue for the exact reasons stated above. Interesting remark about the spdif solution though. @Riccardo Ros : What type and brand spdif interface did you use and would an external sound card bring the same results like for example a focusrite 18i20 or Soundcraft Ui24r (I know, not the best material existing ever, but ultra largely covering my needs)

Of cause this could be better, personally I don't mind. When recording in studio (the very rare times this actually happens) I just go direct to the mixing console and no issue, at home via USB I mostly record guitar tracks only and eventually shift the track when combined with other tracks. Not an issue for the exact reasons stated above. Interesting remark about the spdif solution though. @Riccardo Ros : What type and brand spdif interface did you use and would an external sound card bring the same results like for example a focusrite 18i20 or Soundcraft Ui24r (I know, not the best material existing ever, but ultra largely covering my needs)
I have a Native Instruments Komplete 6 which has coaxial SPDIF In Out and is USB powered - the recording offset latency is 4ms which is acceptable without having to make any adjustments compared to the 12ms of the FM3.

The FM9 and FM3 don't share the same USB architecture... So how is it certain?
Aren't the converters the same on all devices according to the spec-sheets? They should at least have a similar enough architecture for most of the work to be ported to the FM3.
Also I'm pretty sure Cliff mentioned at some point the converters are also the same as a certain stomp which does not have this issue.

Aren't the converters the same on all devices according to the spec-sheets? They should at least have a similar enough architecture for most of the work to be ported to the FM3.
Also I'm pretty sure Cliff mentioned at some point the converters are also the same as a certain stomp which does not have this issue.
The chip is different, hence the drivers are

What type and brand spdif interface did you use and would an external sound card bring the same results like for example a focusrite 18i20 or Soundcraft Ui24r (I know, not the best material existing ever, but ultra largely covering my needs)
I went the cheaper way and I bought a Behringer 1820. I needed more ins/outs for "live" rehearsal recording.

Occasionally I use also a Komplete 6.
I cannot hear any difference and I assume that spdif has no tone difference related to different hardware

We are of course aware of the USB latency reporting complaint. We understand and empathize that this issue and required workarounds have made things more difficult for some of you. However, the FM3 team has been dedicated to keeping up with Axe-Fx updates for as far back as I can remember. It requires a lot more work for the "little brother" to inherit features from the powerful Axe-Fx III, and addressing the USB fix is would need to take effort away from these other areas. The vast majority of customers would prefer that we continue to add new amp models, new effects, new sound features, and more -- and even clamor on a regular basis for these to be "done already". The FM3 is a serious professional product which needs to be programmed and maintained with the utmost care. We will keep you updated on any developments in this area and maintain our commitment to high quality products.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom