Will presets be backwards compatible?

henryrobinett

Fractal Fanatic
Question says it all. Or will there be a conversion system? I'm hoping there will be a painless way to bring IIXL+ and even AX8 presets into the III.

Aso, when again? March when? I know there's a ridiculous waiting list though . . .

Question says it all. Or will there be a conversion system? I'm hoping there will be a painless way to bring IIXL+ and even AX8 presets into the III.

Aso, when again? March when? I know there's a ridiculous waiting list though . . .

Backwards compatible = III presets work on older models.
Forwards compatible = Old presets work on III.

Backwards compatible = III presets work on older models.
Forwards compatible = Old presets work on III.
No, that's incorrect.

Backwards compatable means the old tech, or software works with the new tech, or software by design of the new product. - In other words, the III is specifically designed with the idea in mind that the II patches will be able to work on the III, in some way, either natively, an emulator, or some sort of translation.

Forward compatable means the new tech or software has a road map to make sure it works with future tech or software that doesn't exist quite yet. - In other words, the III patches are planned to work on the III-x, VI, and further, by design of an entire planned product line.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backward_compatibility

No, that's incorrect.

Backwards compatable means the old tech, or software works with the new tech, or software by design of the new product. - In other words, the III is specifically designed with the idea in mind that the II patches will be able to work on the III, in some way, either natively, an emulator, or some sort of translation.

Forward compatable means the new tech or software has a road map to make sure it works with future tech or software that doesn't exist quite yet. - In other words, the III patches are planned to work on the III-x, VI, and further, by design of an entire planned product line.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backward_compatibility
THANK YOU! As I started writing my correction, I thought I had to have been right in the first place, but I decided not to argue.

I will make my presets from start, just to take full advantage of the new included editor interface and trying every little nuances in new algos (no compromise algos should I say ;)

Not the answer, but remember we can export presets to csv (excel type file). I have been doing that for quite a while with presets I feel are important to me. Just another option.

Back
Top Bottom