Will MFC-101 fit into Pedaltrain 2 Hard Case?

evamatze

I´m thinking of getting a Pedaltrain 2 with the hard case for my MFC-101 and a Mission EP-1 pedal for Wha. But I´m not sure if the MFC-101 will fit into the hard case when mounted on the Pedaltrain. I think the height could be a problem.
What do you guys think?

I don't have a PT-2 hard case, but I did see a post over at the Gear Page where someone said it would not fit in the hard case.

I did email Pedaltrain the dimensions of the MFC and asked if it would fit in the soft case (I don't need the hard case). They said it will fit fin in the soft case.

Thanks for your reply. I would like to have that hard case though, so that I can put stuff onto it in the car. The soft case would always have to go on top...

So, to all you pedaltrain owners: Is it possible to shorten the pedaltrain's "feet", so that it would fit into the hard case? As the MFC-101 is angled already, you don't really need the board to be angled, do you?

What do you guys think?

Yes you can fit it. I have the largest Pedaltrain Pro hardshell case and it fits. Must remove MFC 101 rubber feet and it fits fine.

I used to have an MFC-101 and a PT-2, and I couldn't get the MFC to fit unless I reversed it on the pedal board, and even then though, it was a very tight fit. I had removed the MFC rubber feet, but not those on the Pedaltrain. It might have worked then, but again, it would have been tight.

Guys...I put it in....WORKS FINE.....I have the Pedaltrain 2 hardcase......read entire posts above......IT FRICKIN FITS!!!!!!!!!!!!! This isn't a debate...it either fits or it doesn't....as my post reads above...it does. :?

Tremonti said:
Yes you can fit it. I have the largest Pedaltrain Pro hardshell case and it fits
Tremonti said:
Guys...I put it in....WORKS FINE.....I have the Pedaltrain 2 hardcase......read entire posts above......IT FRICKIN FITS!!!!!!!!!!!!! This isn't a debate...it either fits or it doesn't....as my post reads above...it does. :?

:ugeek:

Rezonans said:
Hi Tremonti,

Would you please attached some pictures.

Thanks

Not sure if you are serious or what.... You need photo proof because my word that it fits isn't honest?? "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!"

Hey Tremonti - I think the confusion is because you mentioned Pedaltrain Pro in one post and Pedaltrain 2 in another. It's Pedaltrain Pro that you have, right?

Ahhh...I was taking crazy pills! I assumed the big daddy was the pedaltrain II and the pro surname was for the hard case part.....my bad....

So any have any actual experience with the MFC and the PT2 the hard case? I can shut the lid on my MFC but its a REALLy tight fit. im sure its just the conical foam inside the lid that is doing the squishing. I'm just worried that over time it may cause damage to the switches.

has anyone cut the foam out or taken any other measures? i really dont want to buy another flight case.

I've been using the PT2 hardcase with my MFC and two mission pedals for a year now and have had no problems. It is a tight fit but it hasn't so far caused any damage to my MFC.

thanks Elchampion. so the foam pressing on the switches hasnt caused any harm? and have i travelled/ flown with it in the case?

thanks again

I did mod on my aluminum board and turned it upside down. This is what I did. I turned the frame upside down and added a 3/4 inch lift across the front. This was the first run but it worked out great. I too didnt like the way the foam put pressure in the MFCDSC_0006.jpg
DSC_0001.jpg

I just bought my Axe 2 so I will be redoing this board for the MFC again. I might put something across the front to hide the wood. Maybe a thin peice of aluminum diamond plate all polished and shiny

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom