Will a real P90 fit a humbucker rout? You bet it will!

Womac911

Inspired
Admin M@ has given me permission to post this, so here goes...

I've kept a pretty low profile here, but there are a few people who know me, and some who use my stuff as well. I've kept a low profile partly because I spend so much time working, and not enough time playing. My playing is crap, compared to most of you guys. I am Wolfe, of Wolfetone Pickups.
The problem of fitting a P90 in a humbucker rout is a conundrum, for sure. Most companies get around it by cheating with the coils and putting them under a humbucker-sized cover. The Gibson P94 uses a tall, fat coil like a Telecaster bridge pickup. The Duncan Phat Cat uses 43 awg wire. Some others are just one side of a humbucker stuff in the middle...
The problem? Change the coil geometry, and you change the tone and character.

I solved that problem many years ago. The answer is YES, a real P90 will fit a humbucker rout.

Earlier this year we started some serious design into my solution, using 3D printing for prototypes and fitting tests, and it's getting closer to time to release a patent was filed... but, this last year's sales have been slow. For the whole music industry, I've heard.
A few days ago, the Doug and Pat Show did a great review and demo of it, and we've finally launched our Kickstarter. We're currently in California for the NAMM show, where I'll be generating some interest with friends and talking to a few of my suppliers about tooling quotes.
We'd like to ask your support. I know there's a bunch of P90 fans here!

I know there's some people here who will be at the NAMM show as well. If any of you would like to see it in person, my cell phone number is 206-383-8663
. No booth, I'm walking the floors. Please feel free to get in touch with me! I find texting is best at the show...

Kickstarter campaign:

The Doug and Pat Show

atquinnsmall.jpg

hum%2090%20render.193.jpg

20150911_115940.jpg

Back
Top Bottom