WIll a patch using 74% on Ultra run on Standard?

rp911

Inspired
I need to pickup a backup AxeFX, but it will only need to run one specific patch I use with my gigging band; that patch uses 74 percent of the capacity on an Ultra. What's the chance it will run on a Standard? (It does not use any of the effects specific to the Ultra, obviously.)

Thanks!

Check your PM for my email address send my the patches in question and I'll see if they run on my standard

John

John was kind enough to run the patch in question on his Standard ... it did run (at 84 percent capacity).

Thanks, John!

I just can't understand...
If The Ultra really is 20% faster and have 6X the memory of a standard Axe-fx.. (from Axe-wikki)
How can a patch using 74% of the ultra memory only use 84% od the standard memory?

webstersp said:
I just can't understand...
If The Ultra really is 20% faster and have 6X the memory of a standard Axe-fx.. (from Axe-wikki)
How can a patch using 74% of the ultra memory only use 84% od the standard memory?
You are assuming all additional processing potential and memory resources are utilized for preset information present and included in both units. The Ultra has effects not found in the Standard and can employ additional instances of certain effects the standard cannot.
At the end of the day it doesn't really matter. both units preform exceptionally well and sound great.

I know they both sound great but another 500$ is a lot for me (would cost me 800$ Can with taxes of 13% etc)

I just want to be sure that the standard would be enough to run everything i want!
I do not really need the effect on the ultra ( only the MBC I would love to try)
Can the standard two different rig at once with a few effects?

Would it run this Dual rig setup?

Rig 1) --Comp ---Drive--------Amp---Cab
Rig 2) --Filter----Drive--------Amp---Cab

Could i add on one rig dealy and reverb block before the Cab?
If the standard ahve enough memory for this it woulg be enough for me!

Thanks

webstersp said:
I know they both sound great but another 500$ is a lot for me (would cost me 800$ Can with taxes of 13% etc)

I just want to be sure that the standard would be enough to run everything i want!
I do not really need the effect on the ultra ( only the MBC I would love to try)
Can the standard two different rig at once with a few effects?

Would it run this Dual rig setup?

Could i add on one rig dealy and reverb block before the Cab?
If the standard ahve enough memory for this it woulg be enough for me!

Thanks
I have a standard on the way and would like to know if this is possible also.

is between 93 and 100% on my Standard depending on the amp model. The Tube preamp demands more CPU than other models (=excess CPU usage). Two Marshall 800 need only 93% CPU in this setup. But no headroom for more effects...

If you wanted, you could make that work on a Standard, with a touch different routing. You could route both Amp blocks into a single stereo cab block (with each Amp block hard-panned) with a different cab block for each side, eliminating the need for two instances of the cab block, saving a little CPU. You could run both signals into the same drive block as well, if you really need to shorten things up and are willing to sacrifice a little variance in drives.

Back
Top Bottom