Wilco: The Whole Love: beautiful

yek

Contact Fractal for your Custom Title
Wasn't that familiar with Wilco, but man, this is a beautiful, moving album.
Great guitar tones too.

Right you are, Sir!
I have often wondered why such a fine guitar driven band like Wilco is only marginally happening in forums like this.
They have great songs, Jeff Tweedy is a great lyricist and songwriter with lots of similarities to John Lennon IMO. He's a fine guitarist, too, whereas Nels Cline is nothing less than a guitar god, period.
Not to forget the rest of the band with Glenn Kotche being a very innovative and distinctive drummer and John Stirratt being one of the best bass players I have heard in a long time.
I saw them in October in London and it was an amazing gig!

Check this Out for the geeks:Rig Rundown - Wilco's Nels Cline - PremierGuitar.com

Last edited:
They're playing tonight here in The Netherlands sadly I can't be there.
But the gig will be shown on tv tonight too. :))

Thanks for the YT link, great stuff.

Last edited:
His use in the video of vibrato made me change my default chorus into vibrato right away :)

Last edited:
Thinking about it, Nels Cline could certainly make some use of the ringmodulators in the Axe...
Maybe he'll be introduced soon.

Many (many) moons ago I was contributing to an album for a friend, as was Nels. Even back then he was way into making pedals do things that pedals didn't usually do.:O

Also saw his Trio around the same time -- a bit avant-garde for me, but very intriguing none the less.

TT

His use in the video of vibrato made me change my default chorus into vibrato right away :)

I have done the same thing only I have attached CC to width and depth and mix so I can pull it back to sound like a standard chorus.

Strange you should post this today, because my local PBS station is featuring Wilco on ACL an hour from now and they will be performing tunes from 'The Whole Love'. Guess I'll tune in and give it a listen.

Saw Nels Clines trio a couple of years ago. Not all my thing, but what an amazing player. I've never seen more pedals in a setup ever. Not even close and he used them really well. Wilco sure did the right thing making him a member.

Strange you should post this today, because my local PBS station is featuring Wilco on ACL an hour from now and they will be performing tunes from 'The Whole Love'. Guess I'll tune in and give it a listen.
Watched the show last night and I must say even though I have enjoyed Wilco in the past I was less then impressed with what I saw last night. It just wasn't as good as I've seen in previous shows.

Back
Top Bottom