Whys Leons AxeEdit different

rsvette12

Power User
Hi Guys

This is weird I am using same firmware and latest AxeEdit and Refresh firmware few times - why would he have number of voices and mine doesnt ?

yes I could load 23.02 but Ill wait until next version - they should be the same - not sure why they are not

Not a big deal but when I see this what else is not jiving

From Axe-Edit release notes:

=============================================
VERSION 1.13.07 NOVEMBER 14, 2023
=============================================
Current Axe-Fx III Firmware Version: 23.00

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
  • Mac version requires OS version 10.7 or newer
  • Windows version requires Windows 7 or newer
  • Minimum firmware version 3.02

NEW IN THIS VERSION

* Support for firmware 23.00
o Updated CHORUS and DELAY block layouts.

Im using latest Axe-Edit III 1.13.09 maybe they eliminated the voices setting in latest - or maybe I have to be on 23.02 because Im using latest Axe Edit

Ok Im curious Im going to load latest firmware why not see if it shows up - I wouldnt think they would discard the voices knob

Ok Guys

Installed latest firmware 23.02 and I already have latest AxeEdit - now the voices knob is there so AxeEdit was too new for 23.0

So as Albert hinted the AxeEdit version should match Firmware versions to avoid issues

Leon must have been using older version of Axedit - I was using a newer version of Axedit with older firmware - so I just should have done what I always do - update firmware and axedit when they come out

Had an external hardware that wasnt working anymore so I mixed my firmware / AxeEdit versions

Thanks Guys

CRAP - I saw it there but it wasnt Tape Chorus it was 80s style - I put it on Tape Chorus and its not there

Everything is up to date and and refreshed

Original question still stands

From the 23.00 Release Notes:

Improved Tape Chorus algorithm. The Number Voices parameter has also been removed from the GUI as it is not applicable to this type.

Your the Man besides Leon :) you guys rock thought I was going crazy - thanks so much for the answer Sir

Back
Top Bottom