Why no PayPal?

They probably don’t want to have to pay the transaction fees for taking PayPal, probably is lower with other merchant services.

PayPal is great for the casual seller of gear, but if I ran a business I certainly wouldn’t do all my transactions through them.

PayPal is a terrible company that is known for seizing funds of sellers. There are several class action lawsuits against them for shady practices. They've seized accounts that literally have hundreds of thousands of dollars in them without cause, and without any kind of review process and you dont have access to the account for a minimum of 6 months. I advise EVERYONE to stop using paypal if possible.

PayPal has been my payment choice since their start. I don't sell, or very rarely use it for such, but for a Buyer it cannot be beat. Never had a compromise or fraudulent charge. Never an issue when a seller misrepresented or attempted to defraud; and please recognize that there are many, many crooked Sellers across the World. Even massive stalwarts like UPS have attempted un ethical charges that PayPal prevented in a timely fashion.

Those that refuse to accept it have their reasons. Best business isn't always their excuse.

Contrary to other I recommend PayPal for Buyers as do members of my family in financial institutions who deal with fraud and deceits.

PayPal has been my payment choice since their start. I don't sell, or very rarely use it for such, but for a Buyer it cannot be beat. Never had a compromise or fraudulent charge. Never an issue when a seller misrepresented or attempted to defraud; and please recognize that there are many, many crooked Sellers across the World. Even massive stalwarts like UPS have attempted un ethical charges that PayPal prevented in a timely fashion.

Those that refuse to accept it have their reasons. Best business isn't always their excuse.

Contrary to other I recommend PayPal for Buyers as do members of my family in financial institutions who deal with fraud and deceits.
In short, it's great for buyers, and it's horrible for sellers.

Guess which party pays PayPal? Yeah... conflict of interest much?

In short, it's great for buyers, and it's horrible for sellers.

Guess which party pays PayPal? Yeah... conflict of interest much?
I'd never really considered PayPal was more buyer-friendly than seller-friendly before. Is it really? Seems like a hard balance to strike: you want to allow money to exchange hands between random people, but make it secure and somewhat "safe" for both parties. The seller gets fraud protection if a credit card was used that was stolen, don't they? Buyer gets some protections against false claims or mis-delivered goods.

They mostly mirror their system after the credit card company resolution clauses.

I will say, irregardless of which party floats the fee, it's not a conflict of interest. :)

I'd never really considered PayPal was more buyer-friendly than seller-friendly before. Is it really? Seems like a hard balance to strike: you want to allow money to exchange hands between random people, but make it secure and somewhat "safe" for both parties. The seller gets fraud protection if a credit card was used that was stolen, don't they? Buyer gets some protections against false claims or mis-delivered goods.

They mostly mirror their system after the credit card company resolution clauses.

I will say, irregardless of which party floats the fee, it's not a conflict of interest. :)
Me saying "conflict of interest" is probably an emotional response because of a few bad experiences lol. You're right, it's "somewhat safe," and I'd have it rather than nothing.

But it really is way more buyer-friendly. The policies make it so it protects the buyer far more than the seller. If they were to go head to head, equally malicious or not, buyer would win almost every time. The burden of proof is mostly on the seller, and it's often stuff you can't prove.
And if it's mirrored after credit card resolution clauses... chargebacks can cause major headaches for small businesses.

This is where we can seriously go off topic and start talking about bitcoin and blockchain tech, how it's going to change every transaction for the better... :p (jk I have no idea)

Personally, I'd love to be able to buy my AxeFX III using PayPal. PayPal has that 6 month no payments/no interest deal.

But, I totally understand Fractal steering clear. PayPal has a pretty abysmal record for sellers. They tend to take the buyer's side, even when the buyer is being fraudulent. Knock wood I've never had an issue selling stuff on Reverb, but if you're Fractal, why risk an issue?

Back
Top Bottom