Why no Fender Tweeds?

Me as well. High gained to death....add more clean and low gain if anything. More effects too. It's perfect as is....but I certainly do not want or need another high gain monster.
Funny thing: I want a 5e3 so I can turn it up and saturate the hell out of it! Not "high gain" they way nü-metal is "high gain" but ain't nothing low gain about the 5e3 sound I want.

+ 1000 on the Fender Tweeds

Plenty of hi-gain amps for my taste, the only place with room for improvement in the amp sims IMHO is the low gain amps and odd-ball amps.
I´d love to see at least a narrow panel Tweed Deluxe 5e3 and a low power tweed twin - but naturally I love to get the Harvard and high power tweed twin too.

A bit OT but related to my point about clean/low-gain amps and odd-ball amps, I´d also love to see a Blackface Super Reverb, a Swart AST Pro or Master with a 1x12 cab with Heritage G12H speaker, a few Supro's, a few Valco's, maybe an old Gibson or Gretch amp and most definately a Bruno UnderGround 30.

Cliff - pretty please with sugar on top ,-)

RB

Funny thing: I want a 5e3 so I can turn it up and saturate the hell out of it! Not "high gain" they way nü-metal is "high gain" but ain't nothing low gain about the 5e3 sound I want.

Me too, but sadly enough, a cranked 5E3, while far from "clean", is still low gain by the current high gainers definition, e.g. Diezel :)

I posted this in another thread, but I have an Underground 30 that I would gladly lone Cliff in order to get it dialed in. It is a beautiful sounding amp.

+100 Same here, especially for some fender/boutique cleans. I love amps on the verge of breaking up, so warm & crisp. Square waves to a speaker at some point begin to all sound the same to me no matter what amp YMMV. I love this box and responsive the fractal team is on their endeavor to be more awesome.

That is AWESOME - I want that amp sitting next to match Matchless Chieftain on my studio's wall of goosebumps FAME!! (Or, better yet, inside my AXF-II's scroll of fame +)

The part at 4:28 is priceless - I completely relate to what will cause such an expression and sentiment such as he makes right at that point. Once one experiences that "4:28" moment - He is hooked for life! "4:28" is the Reason for GAS

+101010101

Huge vote for the 5E3 as I have brought it up several times. :)

I love this new model based on it. I'd pitch in to buy Cliff one just to have it in the II. How can you not love this sound?

+1 for more low gain - 5E3 - YES - or I would send my old magnatone in to Cliff. Light saturation, edge of breakup is so pleasing. I have found that many of the medium-high gain models can work quite well with lower drive settings.

The '59 bassman is a tweed so you can't say there aren't any. That being said, some gritty low gain vintage types would be nice.

That is AWESOME - I want that amp sitting next to match Matchless Chieftain on my studio's wall of goosebumps FAME!! (Or, better yet, inside my AXF-II's scroll of fame +)

The part at 4:28 is priceless - I completely relate to what will cause such an expression and sentiment such as he makes right at that point. Once one experiences that "4:28" moment - He is hooked for life! "4:28" is the Reason for GAS

I have come close to pulling the trigger on several occasions. I even PM'ed the builder on TGP hoping I could get him to send Cliff the schematics but got no reply. Not sure if he even got it to be honest. Greg V’s demos are well done. I just really love the sounds I have heard from this model. Here is another from their site.

If I end up biting the bullet (like I need to be purchasing more gear) and picking one up I will at worst TM it or even make arrangements to send it to Cliff to model.

Or maybe we can get Neil Y. to send that special "ONE" of his 300+ 5E3 tweeds he loves so much. Can someone work on that? :mrgreen

Are we all sure that we cant get that 5E3 vibe via Bassman/Supertweed with cab and tonestack choice? Seems to me like you can.

Outside the box...if just for a few moments!

Are we all sure that we cant get that 5E3 vibe via Bassman/Supertweed with cab and tonestack choice? Seems to me like you can.

Hi TheScientist,

One might very well be able to "ballpark" a vintage Fender Tweed (5e3-circuit) amp using a few current Axe-FX II models and a few "advanced-parameter tricks." However, I think the bigger vision here is that one could probably yield "ballpark" results for many desirable amps which are NOT included as amp-sims/models. When I look at the list of amp-models available in the Axe-FX II, I see approximately (depending on one's definition - LOL!) 40% hard-rock/metal. Maybe on first glance that seems like a LOT, but I don't really think it is! I think that high-gain players/users (historically) have been a bit more open-minded to the concepts of using a pre-amp/power-amp combination. Furthermore, higher-gain/rock/metal players embraced/experimented with modelling even back when it was in it's less than impressive (think "kidney-shaped!") formative-years...Therefore, I think it makes A LOT OF sense that this user-sector was more "catered-to" or "targeted" when the initial list of amps to model was decided upon by Cliff/Fractal. It makes sense, doesn't it?!? I think Cliff/Fractal was brilliant to target the hard-rock/metal demographic initially!

I know it might seem that I'm a bit off-topic here, but stick with me here for a moment...I think Fractal's gen-1 products really started getting the more close-minded musicians/guitarists (...err...uhmmm..."tube-snobs") to atleast take notice that modelling had come a LONG WAY! The fact that we are now here on this forum with a LOT of users seeking some more Fender (5e3) Tweeds is a testament to how far Cliff & Co. have come along with this product!!! Seriously, we're so "on-board" with the realism, touch-sensitivity, authenticity potential of the Axe-FX II, that we are pushing for more models/sims of the type of amps which USE TO BE almost exclusively reserved for "tube-snobs" ONLY! Do you see my point? In other words, 5-years ago, all of the people arguing for more Fender Tweeds would've probably owned actual Fender Tweeds, and probably wouldn't be on this forum to request such models/amp-sims! BTW, this is NOT a criticism of everyone on here who has chimed-in...I say good for everyone for their open-mindedness! After all, we wouldn't still be owners/users if we weren't happy with our results?!?

FWIW, I 'd love to see a few more tweed-style amps...why not? I love me some classic American-style rock & roll as much as the next guy!

While Fractal is at it, perhaps they could even consider a couple (...or 3 or 4) more killer BASS AMP SIMS?!? (...along with the current Ampeg SVT.) Oops...NOW I'm off-topic! Sorry...

Bill

Last edited:

That's a fair question. I've gotten pretty darn close with the Bassman. I haven't tried the Supertweed yet. I will this weekend.

This was the Bassman, tone matched against a Neil Young track from the Dead Man sound track:

I had to do some tweaking to the Bassman model to make it start to sound like that. To get that melting overdrive, speaker-at-its-limits type of feel. That thing where your ear drums kind of feel like they're being pulled out of your head because of the way it's distorting. And even then it's close, but not quite there.

I think it'd be a helluva lot easier with a 5e3 circuit.

But I'll try it again with the SuperTweed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom