Why isn't the metric system the only system taught?

One of the hottest girls in high school was named Karen. Just saying. I feel bad for the hot Karen’s of the world who aren’t obnoxious.

The good always suffer because of actions of the bad. A sad but true fact of life. Besides, I'd love to have a hot Karen as a GF. A hot GF is never bad. And think of all the jokes you can make? It would be your get out of jail free card everything you did something wrong!

Why did you forget my birthday? Don't be such a Karen.
Why did you not take out the trash? Don't be such a Karen.
Why did you not mow the lawn? Don't be such a Karen.
Why were you drinking all night with your friends? Don't be such a Karen.
Another guitar? You already have 87? Don't be such a Karen.

Wait....wut? o_O
Your thinking about math and measurement beyond practical use. Probably physics...lol

I'm talking about practical use of field measurements... a different angle.

besides..Why cant you just eye ball it? Your can see if your necks bowed, and string height off the fret? You eye is close enough, nobody even needs a ruler.

maybe your just in the realm of wrenches?

I should probably just keep it to guitars.. I want exact measurements.... in english units.

Last edited:
I`m 58 soon. The metric system was introduced in my Junior High when I was in grade 7. I never got used to it. Standard was tough enough for me at the time. In fact I remember the day that standard finally clicked with me. I started framing with my Uncle, and he showed me a tape measure. Explained it in a way no Math Teacher ever had..... the light went on. After that He would transpose all the Metric blueprints on the spot to standard for me. lol Some of us just are not numbers people. But for some odd reason, I can carve realistic hands/faces.....infact I have even done quite a few movie prop Replicas Predator based that are much sought after by Collectors and CosPlayers around the world etc. All I did was look at good pic references, got a few measurements and recreated what I saw. I took no training, and it just came absolutely natural to me. To this day it still boggles my mind. Go figure.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom